Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2010, 11:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,985 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions, I need to some assistance with. My first questions is, I plan to relocate to Tampa with my employer, I hope to be in Tampa in 6 weeks. Where is a good place to settle, I'm a 40 year old, single straight man, would prefer to be somewhere I can walk to bar restaurants etc?

My second questions is apartment costs, I can see the cost of rentals online, but what other bills would be associated with renting an apartment, Electricity, Insurance, gas, TV, phone, etc. What would be the extra bills if I was to rent a 2 bed apartment in the Tampa area, being from the UK, it all seems very different.

Its exciting times, looking forward to coming, but I will be on my own and working remotely, need to get out a meet you all :-)

Thanks

B
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 12:45 PM

74 posts, read 375,433 times
If I was single and 40 and headed for Tampa, and wanted local bars and restaurants and suchlike, I'd probably consider either the Hyde Park area, or maybe check into one of the shiny looking condo's for rent around Channel-side Welcome to Channelside Bay Plaza, or Harbor Island/Davis Island. Plenty of restaurants and bars and you can also take the trolley to Ybor city. But, a lot if it would also depend on where my office was going to be....any idea where it is? Or by remotely, do you mean working from home?

Regarding costs....there is an element of how long is a piece of string in it, especially in Tampa. If you would like a more upscale 2 bed apartment, I should say the costs might run you up to $1500-$2000+ (or ++). If you are prepared to be a bit more out of the way, costs could be half that.
Bills etc etc etc and such - Cable and internet $100+, Electric (assuming no gas), maybe $100-$150. Get yourself a cheap VOIP phone to cut costs such as Callcentric - VoIP Internet phone service.
Renters insurance is fairly cheap, as I recall.

Check out Apartments for Rent & Homes for Rent - Rent.com® Apartment Finder, or even Real Estate Listings, Homes for Sale and Rental Property Listings – REALTOR.com® and plug in "rental" - and see what you get.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:47 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
I agree with Hyde Park or SoHo and if you don't need an upscale apt you can find one for much less than 2K.

Electric depends on how cool you are going to keep your apt plus how well it is insulated. You can get cable, internet and a phone for a little over $100 a month. You probably won't find a newer apt that has gas heat or appliances. I do recommend rental ins, it isn't that expensive.

If you get a car you are going to have to get car ins plus tag. Bus service is available but not always convenient.

Enjoy Tampa.. there are a lot of fun things to do.. Check out meetup.com as a way to meet new ppl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay