Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 09:53 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,559,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Capitalism at its VERY best...
Was that suppose to be an insult instead of an answer to an honest question? If that's how you behave towards your students then I pity them. A little background about myself: served 8 years in the Navy before being forced out due to an injury and for the past 11 years have worked at a non-profit hospital in the boiler room running the boilers, generators, and heating/cooling system. What I like about my job is making the patients as comfortable as possible in this nearly 50 year old building. I rescue people trapped in elevators and I'm the first responder in fire emergencies. my navy training included nuclear power school and advance fire fighting including how to fight a helicopter fire, something that may come in handy since our landing pad is on the roof. Navy also trained me in CPR and emergency first aid. Contrary to what some of your professors have taught you, the Navy trained me to save lives instead of taking lives. So where exactly in my above bio is my corporate masters?

Old 03-31-2011, 10:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,581,762 times
Smile I'm not a teacher. I work in industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Wow, so much anti-capitalist teachers here. Not surprising at all. Your communist professors indoctrinated you well.

Who has been indoctrinated?

Here's a hint: one of us.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Who has been indoctrinated?

Here's a hint: one of us.
So glad you're willing to admit it.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,581,762 times
Quote:
So glad you're willing to admit it.
It's all over your posts in angry hyperpartisan screeds.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:32 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,503,953 times
Quote:
You've swallowed the corporate line and are satisfied with it.

It'll serve your anger well and keep you distracted. Enjoy.
My anger comes from my concern for this Country and the children of the future. It is called "fear" and it is indeed a powerful motivating force. Did you notice what happened back in November?

The candidates that I supported at the local level here in Cincinnati, Ohio (flyover country to you liberal academics) specifically Shanon Jones, introduced SB5 which was passed by both houses of the Ohio Legislature (remember that Sherrod Brown the most radical leftist other than Bernie Sanders was elected Senator from Ohio in 2008) and should be signed into law today banning collective bargaining for public employees. I live 10 miles from John Boehner and know many of his supporters up in Butler County which is adjacent to Cincinnati. I think you will find that his supporters are "Tea People" who will respond just as I have.

Yes, my anger and that of the Tea People serves us well.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:33 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,936,213 times
Quote:
As opposed to teaching an ultra-liberal revisionist history to suit their hatred of America and it's founding fathers and teaching your personal political views in a non-related class subject?
Don't "sugar-coat" it; tell us how you really feel..

Old 03-31-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
It's all over your posts in angry hyperpartisan screeds.
And many teachers on this very topic are militantly anti-capitalist to the point that they accuse their attackers of being servants of their capitalist masters. You have no problem with such Communist propoganda slogans being used against their critics but you have problems with people pointing them out.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:37 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,936,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
My anger comes from my concern for this Country and the children of the future. It is called "fear" and it is indeed a powerful motivating force. Did you notice what happened back in November?

The candidates that I supported at the local level here in Cincinnati, Ohio (flyover country to you liberal academics) specifically Shanon Jones, introduced SB5 which was passed by both houses of the Ohio Legislature (Sherrod Brown the most radical leftist other than Bernie Sanders was elected Senator from Ohio in 2008) and should be signed into law today banning collective bargaining for public employees.

Yes, my anger and that of the Tea People serves us well.
America's millionaires thank you profusely for carrying their water for them, but they won't feel sorry for you if your arms get tired..

Old 03-31-2011, 10:39 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,484,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Because governments have no real leverage over crappy parents, or any politically-motivated incentive to come down on them.
1) How would government even go about doing this?
2) Even if they could answer #1, how could they legitimately take on the task considering most legislators suck at their own jobs?
3) And, many of the same legislators who would be charged with answering #1 are crappy parents themselves, further weakening their ability to define and parenting standards.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:55 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,484,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIPumpkin View Post
People don't respect teachers now as it is..I don't think us leading a protest about testing when people are already up in arms about the profession is going to help the testing situation...when teachers bring up issues, we look defensive and weak..why would the testing topic be any different?
That was my exact thought- if teachers were to do this, the media and politicians would throw up their arms and say, "There they go again- making yet more demands so they can get away with doing even less work than they already do."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.