Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 08:37 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeCurious View Post
Withholding an employee check for any matter is against the law in ALL 50 states. I was told I could enter the building on the weekend to get items. The building was also open and I was still considered an employee.

Secondly, I never got into an argument match with her. I turned in my letter of resignation and left. She's the one that wanted to meet with me and ended up raising her voice and putting her hands in everyone's face. I remained professional. That lady is a nut job.
1) There are things checks can be temporarily held for and authorized (by law, not you) deductions is among them. However, you are right in that she can't decide not to pay you because she's mad.

2) There is absolutely nothing illegal about requiring an employee to pick up their check in person, provided it is available in a timely manner. Nothing.

Are you saying you left without notice? You sent her an email and didn't show up the next day? Egads.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
I do care for those kids, however, as a teacher I have to be in an environment that fosters learning and growth. That place should not be considered a place where children should learn in their early years.

I feel bad for the children. I contacted the parents and will be giving the pictures to them
Please do not do this. There might be SERIOUS legal issues with you contacting parents after you are terminated, whether voluntary or not.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:47 AM

525 posts, read 406,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
1) There are things checks can be temporarily held for and authorized (by law, not you) deductions is among them. However, you are right in that she can't decide not to pay you because she's mad.

2) There is absolutely nothing illegal about requiring an employee to pick up their check in person, provided it is available in a timely manner. Nothing.

Are you saying you left without notice? You sent her an email and didn't show up the next day? Egads.

2) I have direct deposit. After I got my things and sent in my letter of resignation, there was any need for me to be back on the premises

3) I got my things Saturday and sent my email Monday. This was all done on Thanksgiving break so we were off. I told her a week before school started back.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Please do not do this. There might be SERIOUS legal issues with you contacting parents after you are terminated, whether voluntary or not.

Yes you're right

Old 11-22-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
2) I have direct deposit. After I got my things and sent in my letter of resignation that was any need for me to be back on the premises

3) I got my things Saturday and sent my email Monday. This was all done on Thanksgiving break so we were off. I told her a week before school started back.
They are not required to pay you through direct deposit. Again, they are allowed to passively pay you - which means they write the check and you are the one who is actively responsible for making sure it is in your possession - i.e. You must pick it up in person.

Well, then, glad she had a little time to scramble to find a warm body to replace you.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:02 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeCurious;46276895[B
]I have receipts for everything I purchased for the classroom. [/b]Everything I brought should have been funded by the grant money. She told me she will not RELEASE PAYROLL if I do not meet with her. That is highly against the LAW. How can you not realize this. You can not withhold an employee check for any reason!
You just said a few posts ago that you had some, but wished you had saved them all...
"Yes I did save some of the receipts of the items. I wish I would have saved all of the receipts"

I'm sorry, I know you can't see with our perspective, but this is just not professional behavior, including the defensive e-mail. She is not withholding the check, again she said you had to come meet with her to get it, that is not illegal;, sorry. And again, you were guilty of taking school property when you took the pictures.

I really think you have issues with authority, taking criticism without getting defensive, and taking orders when you don't agree with them, and all of that is going to be a problem no matter where you go. Even above, saying one thing, than defensively arguing that you didn't 3 pages later, is proof that you have a problem admitting any fault regardless of circumstance. Be honest with yourself.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You just said a few posts ago that you had some, but wished you had saved them all...I'm sorry, I know you can't see with our perspective, but this is just not professional behavior, including the defensive e-mail. She is not witholding the check, again she said you had to come meet with her to get it, that is not illegal;, sorry. And again, you were guilty of taking school property when you took the pictures.

I really think you have issues with authority, taking criticism without getting defensive, and taking orders when you don't agree with them, and all of that is going to be a problem no matter where you go.
Saying I WILL NOT RELEASE PAYROLL UNTIL YOU MEET WITH ME. Is against the law. After I turned in my resignation and other paperwork. I should have never been on the premises. YOU CAN NOT WITHHOLD ANY PAY FROM AN EMPLOYEE UNDER ANY MATTER.

THE WOMAN IS A FRAUD. It's way too many fraudulent activity going on, and she listens to a lot of hear say from other employees about me.

The pictures were mine. I took them and printed those out. I decided to place them up. Not the school.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:13 AM

480 posts, read 668,453 times
Quote:
THE WOMAN IS A FRAUD. It's way too many fraudulent activity going on, and she listens to a lot of hear say from other employees about me.

Bosses listen to their employees. Employees bringing their concerns to the boss is appropriate. It is not heresay. You are not in court of law.

I have a few choice expressions that we use when people are whining incessantly for no reason. A polite one is a "here's a quarter, go call someone who cares". Another is "this is the worlds smallest violin playing the saddest song." We have less polite ones too but I can't post them here.

Move on.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You just said a few posts ago that you had some, but wished you had saved them all...
"Yes I did save some of the receipts of the items. I wish I would have saved all of the receipts"

I'm sorry, I know you can't see with our perspective, but this is just not professional behavior, including the defensive e-mail. She is not withholding the check, again she said you had to come meet with her to get it, that is not illegal;, sorry. And again, you were guilty of taking school property when you took the pictures.

I really think you have issues with authority, taking criticism without getting defensive, and taking orders when you don't agree with them, and all of that is going to be a problem no matter where you go. Even above, saying one thing, than defensively arguing that you didn't 3 pages later, is proof that you have a problem admitting any fault regardless of circulating . Be honest with yourself.

I just found ALL OF MY RECEIPTS Scanned on my computer.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredtired View Post
Bosses listen to their employees. Employees bringing their concerns to the boss is appropriate. It is not heresay. You are not in court of law.

I have a few choice expressions that we use when people are whining incessantly for no reason. A polite one is a "here's a quarter, go call someone who cares". Another is "this is the worlds smallest violin playing the saddest song." We have less polite ones too but I can't post them here.

Move on.
I have moved on. However the woman is rude. Instead listening to lies why not ask questions first? A boss ask whats the problem. Not just swnd rude emails full of assumptions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching