Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 09:47 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,176,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeCurious View Post
No, releasing my payroll meant that she will not realease through direct deposit on friday. She just wanted to meet with me from what I believed to be confrontation
Again, she is NOT required by law to use direct deposit. She is NOT required to mail you your paycheck. It is perfectly legal to require an employee to sign an acknowledgement of receipt to release their paycheck, for some companies it is standard practice.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:47 AM

525 posts, read 406,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredtired View Post
"I have any ill-intent towards you."

"I also do not wish to get into any legal matters because it is certainly uncalled for"

"I was also not practicing theft by taken."

"I came out of pocket with all the training(s)."

Above are all examples of sentences that have either direct typos or otherwise poorly formed.
I placed training that way because I went one more than one training.

All the other sentences are in fact grammatically correct. You all are way too picky

Old 11-22-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There is no law stating that the last check has to be delivered in any particular fashion whatsoever. Direct deposit is a benefit, not a legal requirement, nor is it a legal requirement to be paid on Friday. My last checks were often sent through regular mail even though when I was working there it was direct deposit. Nothing illegal about it.

The legal requirement for "withholding a check" is that the employer refuses to give it to you under any circumstances ever, this is not your situation.
SheREFUSED TO RELEASE IT IF I DID NOT COME TO MEET HER! OMG

Old 11-22-2016, 09:50 AM

I quit and I am moving on.End of discussion. All other posts will not be answered.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:52 AM

480 posts, read 668,981 times
Quote:

All the other sentences are in fact grammatically correct. You all are way too picky

No. The first sentence is missing a word (do not). The second sentence includes a preposition at the end of the sentence, which is grammatically incorrect. The third sentence has the incorrect conjugation of the verb 'to take'. The correct conjugation is "taking". The third sentence doesn't read right.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:53 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,607,899 times
Quote:

They really aren't.

"I have any ill-intent towards you" should read "I do not have any ill intent toward you" <-Still not a good sentence.

Also you can just use trainings since there was more than one.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:58 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,909,919 times
Quote:
Noting in this E-mail is grammatically incorrect and only one parent that is a friend of mine
I can find ten errors in your email. Most are punctuation errors, or using incorrect words - "posture" when I think you meant "composure", etc. You have also ended several sentences with prepositions, which is frowned upon in formal writing. There are commas or semi-colons missing in several places, something which can change the meaning of writing.

There are similar errors in your sentence which I quoted. Although you clearly meant "nothing", your wrote "noting". You also need a comma before the "and" which links two very different topics, or separate your sentence into two sentences. Omit "that" - it's not needed if you insert a comma, and its presence as written above makes your sentence grammatically incorrect.

Yes, your meaning is comprehensible, but these small errors add up and make a negative impression, indicating that you wrote hastily and did not take time to check your writing. You come across as defensive and rather careless, although in reality, it's clear that you care a great deal. It is very much in your best interest to fix this, and you can do so fairly easily.

Spell-check is your friend, as is rereading what you've written - reading aloud is a good practice, to make sure you have not made careless errors of this kind. Please don't be defensive with those who have pointed this out - they are on your side and are trying to help you improve the way you communicate and present yourself.

I fully understand that you are hurt and resentful about these incidents and interactions with your supervisor - but you are out of there. So - go meet the woman, keep your mouth as shut as possible, get your check, don't engage in "you did...I didn't" arguments. Just rise above it all. Additional conflict with this woman will do you no good whatsoever and may be outright harmful to your reputation and future ability to obtain employment in education or child care, so keep your dignity and be courteous. The phrase "I am sorry you feel that way" may come in handy.

Then put it behind you and learn from the experience. I had a terrible supervisor in my first professional position, and had to request a transfer for my own sake. But once I was promised that transfer, I had to survive a final month working with that supervisor. I walked on eggshells, refused to engage in conflict, used soft answers to turn away her irrational wrath, and didn't let butter melt in my mouth during this time. You are lucky - you only have to see this woman one more time. Keep calm, and carry on.

Then move on. You say you enjoy teaching young children. Use the time between now and the beginning of the next college term in January to investigate professional education opportunities in your area. I have young relatives in your area, some of whom have taken classes in early childhood education at their local community college, something which might work well for you, too. Take a class in business writing, if you can, so you can express yourself more effectively. Look into student teaching, which may be termed a practicum in your area. Observe experienced teachers, and read about child development and early childhood education - you can do that even if you do not enroll in college.

Best wishes to you. I hope you can turn this around and get things back on track.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:58 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,176,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredtired View Post
"I have any ill-intent towards you."

"I also do not wish to get into any legal matters because it is certainly uncalled for"

Above are all examples of sentences that have either direct typos or otherwise poorly formed.
Quote:

I also do not wish to get into any legal matters because it is certainly uncalled for"
I do not want this to become a legal issue because I don't feel it is warranted.

I did not engage in theft by taking.

I had to pay for multiple trainings out of my own pocket.
I tried to keep it true to your intended message.
Quote:
We all understood that. She had a right to make you come there to pick up your check, she did not have the ability to make you talk to her once you got there. You had a right to turn around and walk away - with your check.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:01 AM

50,852 posts, read 36,551,301 times
Quote:
Right, that is what I said, she is allowed to do that. She DID give you a way to get it, you could come meet with her and get it in person, again that is NOT illegal. OMG yourself, I don't see you doing well in any job frankly, you truly seem blind to seeing any other perspective. I don't think it's your fault even, but I really hope you can see your very large role in this, you truly do have a very bad attitude, and again I don't mean that as an insult. Have you even been evaluated for bipolar or something similar? Again I am trying to help, but there is a big issue here that you need help with.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:11 AM

50,355 posts, read 47,099,157 times
This is hard to follow, OP are you ESL? Don't burn bridges by leaving as you are because it will hurt future employment. You won't be able to use them as a reference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching