Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2007, 11:13 AM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,804,217 times

Advertisements

I should've posted about this prior to the Festival, but forgot - sorry! There was a tv series on in the 90's, called 'Christy', about a young school teacher in Appalachian Mtn's during the 1800's, filmed in Townsend TN. Now, every year, there's a ChristyFest held. And it was this past weeked. Sorry!

http://www.christyfest.org/townsend.htm

A friend of mine held multiple positions on the set, from animal wrangler, to construction worker, to playing the ghost of Bonnie Prince Charlie.

Well, I had recently completed interviewing this friend for a magazine (Burroughs Bulletin), when he mentioned ChristyFest to me last week.

His email: ""Christyfest" was fun again--such nice people! Have you ever seen the series? They have it at Wal-Mart on DVD(entire series) for $20 bucks--well worth your money--but then, I'm biased! It really was a better-
than-average T.V. series--amazing how long it's popularity continues--
this was the 10th anniversary of the "Christyfest" gatherings(which
started after the series was cancelled), and the 40th of the
publication of the original novel! As usual, at the gathering, they had
me telling my stories, and people want my autograph, etc.--I find that
SO FUNNY, because basically I was mainly just a construction worker!
But I'm the ghost of "Bonnie Prince Charlie" to these folks, and that's
a big deal! Beautiful area, Townsende Tennessee, too...... "

This friend was also on the movie 'Last of the Mohicans', works in the Asheboro NC Zoo, worked in Africa with Jane Goodall, dogsledding, among many other achievements.

Read my interview & see photo's on:

http://groups.msn.com/ShenandoahSite...LaneBatot.msnw

blessings, Shen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 03:42 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Umm, Shen. He's really cute.

I DO wish I knew about the fest. Certainly didn't hear about it in the local media.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:30 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,804,217 times
I'll put it on my calender so that next year I'll get a reminder, and will post it here, but Lane usually sends me a reminder anyway.

Next issue of the Burroughs Bulletin, will be an interview of Jane Goodall. Wish I would've gotten that one, but someone else snatched it ahead of me.

blessings, Shen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee