Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 04:53 PM

119 posts, read 396,857 times

Advertisements

Sunshine Girl...those rocking chairs that Cracker Barrel sell are nice and would
look reeeeaalllly good on your front porch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 10:35 PM

48 posts, read 121,003 times
More, more, more!!!!! (Jamison is gobbling it up, everyone's posts are great!) I want to go, I want to go!! (SIGH!)

"Goooooood ole Rocky top, Rocky top TEN-NAH-SEEEEEEE...."

Old 09-01-2007, 04:47 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
I have white rocking chairs on my front porch, along with the wicker furniture, and I got them from the same company that has the rockers in the Charlotte NC Airport

Old 09-04-2007, 09:52 AM

393 posts, read 1,736,570 times
Wink More towns

Ok, here's more....Crossville, Monterey. Actually got a bit lightheaded when we went into Monterey, not used to the elevation thing. Soon passed though, and was replaced with aching jaws....from dropping them so much because of the beauty of the area. Dandrige-very cute, quaint town, too bad it was so small because there just wasn't enough of it! Again, absolutely the bestest BBQ, ever!!! Beautiful lake, water level down a bit cuz of the weather, but stunning anyway. Loudon-small town but clean, nice lake. Loved touring the historical sites and the fort at Fort Loudon. Nice, nice, nice. Kingston-very nice lake area, spread out over a good bit, probably entered into other small town areas, but in my mind it was all Kingston. Might be worth another look. Far enough away from the big cities, but right off interstate for convenience to them. Ya might get the idea that we like lake areas, and that's true, but not really a priority. If that's where we end up, great, but not a necessity. We did decide it's not for us to actually live up in the mountains. When you are up that high, unless your land overlooks the valleys, you can't appreciate the mountain views. And that kind of view is a bit too pricey for us. And then there's the travel time involved with the winding roads of living higher up. I know there's some folks that absolutely love that privacy, but it's not what we are looking for, so we don't look at those areas, so I have little info on those for all looking in at my observations. Like seeing the mts. though, but again, not a necessity for us personally, great if it happens, but ok if it doesn't. Last for today, Sevierville area- not a personal choice for us. Way too much tourist traffic. Very scenic though, see why it's what it is. Will post more, we went to more towns than this, believe it or not. Have a trip coming up at the end of the month to help son move back to Sarasota, FL. He's moving away from our current "home" first. The rest of us will move next year or the following spring. Plan to squeak out some TN time on the way back. More places to see.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee