Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2006, 10:11 PM

2 posts, read 9,930 times

Advertisements

What is the most popular log cabin area? Which do you believe would be best for renting out as a investment property : Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, or Norris Lake? Your opinions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2006, 10:17 PM

19 posts, read 111,992 times
IN the gatlinburg area, I have heard of cabins being built for 150k or 200k and being sold for upwards of 900k. Thats the sort of mark up in one, but you can make a lot of money renting one to tourists.

Old 10-06-2006, 09:23 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
I haven't hear of quite that high of a mark up, but it is a good profit. Cosby and Gatlinburg seem to be the cabin rental area that is booming right now.
Another area is Mountain City TN, which boarders Boone NC which is a big tourist, ski area.
Hope that helps!

Old 10-06-2006, 03:37 PM

408 posts, read 1,978,236 times
I've never seen any with that high of a mark up and I have looked at property books from up there for many years.
I'd say Gatlinburg or I have seen several new ones in Wears Valley in the last few years.

Old 10-07-2006, 03:59 PM

44 posts, read 275,336 times
Default mt rental

Cosby...outside of Gatlinburg. Gatlingburg has many rentals.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:35 PM

5 posts, read 36,005 times
All I can tell you is to do some research on the net. Those areas are very pricey. We were looking for property to build on and live and researched extensively for 6 months. Be sure you know what you are buying, go there before you sign anything. Property in TN can be deceiving, you need access and lots of things are listed that are very steep, as in grade. We had narrowed the search to about 40 properties on the Cumberland Plateau. We went up in April to view them, about half were knocked out because they were sold. Then, another half because they could not be accessed without a 4-wheel drive and lots of nerve. We were taken down to a property by a realtor that my husband would not have driven on- the driveway went straight down, into a hollow. Be wary of the listings on the net, alot are old. Do some research, find a couple different realtors and call and talk to them. We found two or three realtors that were very helpful. But, we ended finding our property from family that lived in the area.
Good luck,
Donna and Dave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee