Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:42 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,248,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrm777 View Post
Oh yeah; almost forgot fishin' in Kentucky Lake and the Friday night AYCE catfish at Paris Landing.
I spent a lot of time when I was younger at Kentucky Lake and Paris Landing.

A side trip to Ft. Donelson is worth a trip as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 12:13 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,512,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Lt. Dan,
Does that technique work pretty good for you?
No! Eventually I gotta throw the bait out there!

Old 03-11-2008, 12:59 PM

189 posts, read 915,875 times
Looking forward to taking our evening walks when, hopefully, it's cooled off a little.

Looking forward to taking my breakfast, lunch or supper out on to the patio and eat in the fresh air.

Looking forward not to have my heavy, lined raincoat weighing me down every where I go.

Looking forward to finding someone else's lost golf balls in the vacant field where my husband hits practice balls. (Strange, other people must just hit and leave. I usually find 4 or 5 extra golf balls every time. Keep it up folks, we haven't had to buy practice golf balls in years. Thanks.)

Old 03-11-2008, 03:00 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,807,960 times
I'm looking forward to having my granddaughter and grandson here for a visit this summer. Playing outside with my dog, walking with my dog in the park. I'm tired of playing with her in the snow. It was great at the beginning of winter, but after this last snow on Friday and Saturday, I'm ready for spring flowers and sunshine.
I'm hoping to plant a garden this year. I'm also hoping that my dog keeps the groundhogs and rabbits out of the garden.
I'm looking forward to more remodeling projects, because the more that get marked off the "honey-do" list, the closer we are to putting the house up for sale and moving to Tennessee!

I'm looking forward to my trip to Memphis TN in August with my sister. She's been coming down for a few years for Elvis week, but this year, she doesn't have a partner to travel and share expenses with, so I'll go with her. I'll suffer thru a few Elvis things, like Graceland, but that's about it. I'll let her go and do her Elvis things, and I'll explore Memphis by myself. Lot's of stuff to see in the area, I found out, that is non-Elvis! Yippeee! We'll be staying in Southaven MS (cheaper hotel rates).

Having a cricket in your house is supposed to be good luck, according to my Gramma Parker.

I'm looking forward to the snow melting, getting a nice 70+ day and nice evening to try out our new firepit we just got on clearance at WalMart!

I'm looking forward to sitting on my hilltop on the fourth of July to watch the fireworks from 9+ different communities.

I'm just lookin' forward!

blessings, Shen

Old 03-11-2008, 03:32 PM

423 posts, read 1,407,705 times
[quote=I'm just lookin' forward!

blessings, Shen[/QUOTE]

I like that great attitude, Shen. Spring will be springing soon.

I'm already going through my closet and doing my annual toss out of my dark colored thrift store clothes and making room for my spring and summer thrift store finds. We have the best thrift stores in Ohio. In the long winter months it's what people do here...eat and SHOP, and the stuff people throw out is some fine stuff, many of it new with tags and designer names. My spring and summer wardrobe is lookin' pretty good thanks to someone's boredom.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:23 PM

7,545 posts, read 17,285,938 times
Oh my, my summer wardrobe is, to put it mildly, LACKING! I gotta do some shopping pronto!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 06:53 PM

1,065 posts, read 3,874,712 times
Running naked through the woods. Uh, on second thought, maybe I'd better come up with an alternative summer plan.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:27 PM

270 posts, read 797,830 times
I'm excited for my 1st TN summer in over 17years! (WoW I'm getting old !!) Swimming in the pool, rediscovering Nashville since I was only 11 or 12 when I was last there, having an awsome tan, making new friends, I could go on all day.......

Old 03-12-2008, 05:56 AM

37,809 posts, read 41,104,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenandoah View Post
Having a cricket in your house is supposed to be good luck, according to my Gramma Parker.
Crickets in my house will find their luck has changed. Oh wait, you meant lucky for me. Did Gramma Parker say they had to be alive?

Old 03-12-2008, 06:33 AM

36,784 posts, read 31,025,425 times
Laura
do you get the cute black crickets or the scary brown cave crickets? You know the brown ones make for good fish bait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee