Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 03:03 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times

Advertisements

You know what? It doesn't have to do with a person's politics. It has to do with who they are as people! Jerks are jerks whether they are left, right, or center. We used to know this. And honestly I'm getting a little fed up with the people who assume the character of a place based on how people vote. TN was a live and let live kind of place once upon a time, let it stay that way please.

Old 09-16-2022, 04:10 AM

11,402 posts, read 5,960,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crltn19 View Post
While the rest of your observations may be somewhat true, you should not make these broad and inaccurate statements considering that you "haven't spent much time in these areas". Just saying.
*Coming from someone who has lived in various parts of Knox County for much longer.
I would appreciate any help you can give me, pointing to areas within north, south, and east Knoxville that you think are good places to live that I can go drive to and scout out. Admittedly I have not focused on these areas with extended drives the way I have other areas.

I have been driving around West Knox, Hardin, Valley, Powell, Halls Crossroads, and up Tazewell Pike pretty extensively both during the day and at night because the character of a place can change somewhat from day to night. I know mean less safer or anything, just the lighting or traffic or parking or shopping. Who knows. My point is, I drive around these roads to get an idea of how they would be on a dark rainy night for my aging eyes. I slowly drive through various subdivisions to check out the size and types of homes, the types and ages of vehicles, signs of children. I check out where shopping would be, etc.

I would love to do that in the areas where my statements were inaccurate, so any specific areas you can give me would be of help. Absent that, it would be a lot less efficient for me to do the intense combing of areas the way I am doing all over the entirety of Knoxville. Where I am doing that currently, I feel like I have "bang for the buck" for doing so. I take a map and add notes as to my check list of needs, and check my crime app as well.

It would take a long time to do that for the entirety of Knoxville, so I would appreciate if you could cull some areas in north, east, and south Knoxville where I can begin that process. I can always branch out if I like what I see.

For grins, I drove Topside Road and over from Blount to Sevier County, and I liked some of what I saw. I guess I like it more "suburby" than much of what I saw and went through places where I wondered where I would shop. Some of it was very patchwork like it didn't know if it wanted to be residential, commercial, industrial or what. I kind of hate to own a home and have a big industrial plant across the street.

Any help is sincerely appreciated. Thank you.

Old 09-17-2022, 04:10 AM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
This thread has veered off of the original post. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee