Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2007, 07:52 AM

630 posts, read 2,431,703 times

Advertisements

Any avid hunters out there?
Where is the best place to hunt in Middle Tennessee?
Are there any pheasants?
What about chuckers and grouse?

How much does the license cost?
Do you have combination licenses?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2007, 02:32 PM

130 posts, read 566,211 times
As I understand it, keep in mind that I'm in east Tn, there is some upland bird hunting in the middle of the state. There's very little around here (some grouse but not many) and as best I can tell, the further west you go the better the hunting gets in general.

We have some decent deer around here, a ton of turkey and some bear hunting but upland birds are non existant and we're too far away to get many migrating ducks. The goose population is HUGE and I hope to help put a dent in that tomorrow morning.

There is a combination license and it runs around $130 for all hunting and fishing with no other permits to buy except Federal Duck Stamp if you're a waterfowler. The silly part about licensing here is they all expire the last day of February, not good for 12 months from date of purchase like most states.

Happy hunting.

Joe

Old 01-12-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe P View Post
There is a combination license and it runs around $130 for all hunting and fishing with no other permits to buy except Federal Duck Stamp if you're a waterfowler. The silly part about licensing here is they all expire the last day of February, not good for 12 months from date of purchase like most states.

Happy hunting.

Joe
Is that for non-residents, or residents?
Do you know what they are priced separately?
Fishing, by itself, or bird hunting by itself?

A combination license here is only $30.
A fishing license alone is $15.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:17 PM

130 posts, read 566,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBound View Post
Is that for non-residents, or residents?
Do you know what they are priced separately?
Fishing, by itself, or bird hunting by itself?

A combination license here is only $30.
A fishing license alone is $15.

That's a Sportsmans license (includes everything) for a Resident. You may want to check the TNWRA site for specific amounts per license. I need everything since I hunt ducks to deer to turkey and the Sportsmans License includes them all including fishing, WMA, State Migratory Bird, etc.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe P View Post
That's a Sportsmans license (includes everything) for a Resident. You may want to check the TNWRA site for specific amounts per license. I need everything since I hunt ducks to deer to turkey and the Sportsmans License includes them all including fishing, WMA, State Migratory Bird, etc.
My husband mainly hunts birds. We don't do much deer or duck hunting.
He likes taking the dog out. Even if he doesn't shoot anything, he just enjoys being out.
We haven't done much fishing here where we are now, but, we a lot did when we lived in Idaho.

thanks for the info...

Old 01-13-2007, 08:19 AM

37,795 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBound View Post
My husband mainly hunts birds. We don't do much deer or duck hunting.
He likes taking the dog out. Even if he doesn't shoot anything, he just enjoys being out.
We haven't done much fishing here where we are now, but, we a lot did when we lived in Idaho.

thanks for the info...
Hunting info on state website including license info:

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/huntmain.html (broken link)

Old 01-13-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Hunting info on state website including license info:

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/huntmain.html (broken link)
Thanks Laura, it looks like a combination bird hunting and fishing is around
$28.
We don't do big game hunting or duck, so, we wouldn't really need the Annual Sportsman, combo license for $136, that JoeP had mentioned.

Thanks again for the info...

Old 01-24-2007, 05:01 AM

13 posts, read 58,497 times
Middle Tn. If You Want To Bird Hunt. Southern Middle Tn. Counties

Old 01-24-2007, 06:50 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,874,120 times
Default PaperWork Options.- Licenses

TNB: Hello, and may meet you out fishing if you come East part. A few extra Fine Print info, as it may be tough to get the first fews days in state. Wal-Mart also can do Fishisng license, but 1st need state DRIVERS License , to get Driver license, need 1) Birth certificate, 2) Two other forms of Postal Address location, like Electric utility bill, or Water bill.
. Another funny low cost option is Fish with WORMS only license. Maybe only $12 .? , but can NOT use artificial lures.! Never had other states with that question / option. Turkey here on many farms. Almost a dozen where you can go out and Kick with Foot, dont need gun. Or wait 4 minutes on rural road as they walk across pavement. . Enjoy
. Vehicle Plates also tricky, if you have not read on other forum posts. Six counties around state need $10 EMISSION test 1st before going to Motor Vehicle office. If you do not own TITLE outright, need to bring the ADDRESS of the Bank or LIEN-HOLDER parent company with you. Some offices a few hours Wait.![IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by SPLIT; 01-24-2007 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: add picture

Old 01-24-2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT View Post
TNB: Another funny low cost option is Fish with WORMS only license. Maybe only $12 .? , but can NOT use artificial lures.!

Turkey here on many farms. Almost a dozen where you can go out and Kick with Foot, dont need gun. Or wait 4 minutes on rural road as they walk across pavement. . Enjoy
. Vehicle Plates also tricky, if you have not read on other forum posts. Six counties around state need $10 EMISSION test 1st before going to Motor Vehicle office.
Thanks Split,
We only fish with worms, so, that's ok.

Turkeys, we have always raised them ourselves, then, took them to a guy that prepared them for the freezer.

We used to have emissions tests here, but, they got rid of them.
I think I read that the county we will be moving to doesn't have emissions.
But, I could be wrong, will have to go check the info again.

I know, it's getting more and more that you have to have so much "proof" who you are.
So, I am making sure that I have all of that info in my lockbox, and not packed away in a box.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee