Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 04:52 PM

5 posts, read 22,912 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any 1st hand knowledge of this...the Cherokee Marina I think. Can a family make a living out there?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 07:32 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Hi, welcome to the forum! I just wanted to let you know that I added to your title so that people would not think you were selling. Good luck to you!

Old 08-12-2008, 05:49 PM

2 posts, read 7,538 times
I don't know that marina anything is Southeast TN seems to be a growing area. I heard Mermaid Marina sold iand great additions were made to Clifton Marina and Fat Daddy's Resort is for sale near Paris, Tennessee on Kentucky Lake

Old 10-09-2008, 08:56 PM

46 posts, read 169,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadingOutofCalif View Post
Does anyone have any 1st hand knowledge of this...the Cherokee Marina I think. Can a family make a living out there?

TIA
Save your money for a better investment. Unless you like a methamphetamine driven economy and a corrupt county government. The multi-million dollar golf course just up the road from the marina was sold recently for a fraction of its cost to build and does not draw much business. Clifton althought a VERY beautiful place is not much more than a ticket trap and a chore for the prisoners serving time in the state prison in Clifton to keep up. Most of the restaurants have closed or gone under. The hardware story in Clifton I hear is closing. Even the prison is closing in the near future.

I wish I could give you a much more positive feedback but until Wayne County decides to willingly come into the 21st century, not much is going to change.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:21 PM
kbg

223 posts, read 345,681 times
It saddens me to say but I would have to agree except for the meth comment its really not that previlant any where near its just a government fueled scare tac. just like the war on terrisom, besides all the hardcore methheads are dying out anyway.~

Old 10-11-2008, 05:45 AM

21 posts, read 91,742 times
Just out of curiosity, how long have live oak and kbg lived in the Wayne county area? The reason I ask, and please do not take offense, is if you do live in the area, why are you still there if you are not happy ? Just wondering.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:55 PM

I have lived here for about 5 years.

No offense taken. Perfectly logical question! The white trash, deadbeats, methheads, and corruption is something that is not restricted to this area. It is a nationwide epidemic. I have just made up my mind that I am hear to stay and I am gonna stand my ground. We are very fortunate to own a large amount of land and are able to create our own privacy.

I think you will find that you run into this sort of thing in varying degrees no matter where you go. Not many things worth while or worth having come easy in this world. Being honest I will say that if we knew what we know NOW about this place BEFORE we bought land, YOU BET! We would have looked elsewhere.

Wayne County as I said before is absolutely beautiful but it is a VERY economically depressed area which would not be so bad if most folks had a moral compass. Culturally, this area is the rectum of the southeastern USA. There are more folks moving hear all the time and things will gradually change.

I am not unhappy here, just wanted you to make sure you got the "Paul Harvey" rest of the story.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:13 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
My dad just got back from playing that golf course and also the one near Fall Creek Falls. He said it was very nice out that way.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:26 AM

It is a beautiful golf course and the club house is real nice too. Too bad there is so little interest in the golf course. One of my neighbors is a regular there. It Even is co-located with the airport. With projects such as this golf course; timing is EVERYTHING. It was built probably about 30 years before its time. If it is not sold off and cut up into small lots, it will eventually become more popular and hopefully a thriving enterprise.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:52 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,507,453 times
I would presume that you could pull their sales tax records and do a quick calculation on if their condition either in the black or the red . Sales Tax records should be public record, please correct me if this is not correct.........

Last edited by TN Tin Man; 10-12-2008 at 12:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee