Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 09:00 PM

6 posts, read 29,478 times

Advertisements

Me, my husband, and my five children are wanting to move to TN. The problem is finding out what part of TN to move to. A few years ago I visited Bristol and I knew then that I wanted to one day move to TN. We now have five children so good schools and a safe place are very important. I fell in love with the mountains, so I would like to live close to them. And my kids have always wanted to see the snow, so it would have to be a place where it snows. If anyone could give me any suggestions on some places I would appreciate it very much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 09:35 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Hello Karen, welcome to the forum!
The further East in TN the more chance of snow, as well as the closer to the mountains or higher the elevation, the better chance of snow. Have you looked around all of the Try-City area or just Bristol? Any of them so far will meet your needs so maybe a bit more specific info that you could give us can help pin point an exact city/town/area that will be a good fit for you and your family.
How about jobs? What field will you be needing to look for?
How about activities that you or your kids enjoy and you will want to continue when you move? Or any other info like that can really help us on here help you better.
Hope that helps a bit,

Old 06-14-2009, 10:43 PM

6 posts, read 29,478 times
I'm going into the medical field and currently my husband works for Asplundh Tree Company. We will be renting when we move and are looking for at least a 3bedroom 2bath house. I've been checking out Johnson City and I'm really liking what I've read about it. My kids are really looking forward to going hiking and just enjoying the beautiful mountains and streams to explore. If you have any information about Johnson City, it would really be helpful.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:20 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Karen,
You need to check out the Tri-Cities sub forum on here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/kings...-city-bristol/
TONS of info about the area.
Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee