Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 03:18 PM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,150,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe P
Pursuant to Tennessee State Statute 1416.19 (2) pools may not be installed, built or constructed after the inception of bill HR9-89-148.2 which went into effect January 1, 2004.

There was a grandfather clause so basically if you had a pool prior to 1/1/2004 you can repair or replace it but you can't add one or build a new one as part of a house.

Joe

You had me. Nice one Joe P ! kudos
Had me going !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2006, 08:52 PM

302 posts, read 1,440,927 times
Talking lakes and rivers to swim if you need

My husband and I are moving down to Tennessee next year. Don't feel we need a pool, we are close enough to Cherokee lake and the Holston River. We can fish and enjoy the water at the same time, and no upkeep on a pool

Old 07-18-2006, 08:55 PM

39 posts, read 195,486 times
Default Pools and Lakes

Hello all~
Interesting thread. Joe~that was a silly one! You had me going. Thought perhaps Tenn. was taking water conservation VERY seriously for a bit.
Anyway, pools are fine~ but what about the local swimming holes. Are the lakes, creeks, rivers, etc. clean and fresh to swim? I figure by the mountains they are probably pretty nice. Looking forward to a visit!!!!

Old 07-19-2006, 05:40 AM

130 posts, read 565,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAdventure
Hello all~
Interesting thread. Joe~that was a silly one! You had me going. Thought perhaps Tenn. was taking water conservation VERY seriously for a bit.
Anyway, pools are fine~ but what about the local swimming holes. Are the lakes, creeks, rivers, etc. clean and fresh to swim? I figure by the mountains they are probably pretty nice. Looking forward to a visit!!!!
There are three lakes within 45 minutes of my house (Boone, Wautauga and Holston) with Wautauga being the closest and it hppens to be the third cleanest lake in North America....that's pretty clean.

I've dipped my feet in all three and they are very clean bodies of water with little to no shoreline development to spoil their natural charm but that water is cold! My Florida feet are used to the Gulf of Mexico with it's 85 degree water and none of these lakes are the Gulf of Mexico. Then again, none of these lakes ever experience red tide either.

Joe

Old 07-19-2006, 08:31 AM

39 posts, read 195,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe P
There are three lakes within 45 minutes of my house (Boone, Wautauga and Holston) with Wautauga being the closest and it hppens to be the third cleanest lake in North America....that's pretty clean.

Joe
Thanks Joe. I think I remember you mentioning before about Wautauga Lake. We've spent alot of time in Florida's springs and really love the fresh water too but can do without worrying about alligators.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:38 PM

28 posts, read 91,366 times
They put a pool in our neighborhood last month in middle TN. I heard something about it depends on the kind of ground you have. Our relatives live in another city and it's rock. You can't blast due to damage to other buildings. But where we live it is dirt. They just came and dug it up.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:16 PM

27 posts, read 90,264 times
You can figure out which areas have lots of pools using google maps in satellite mode. I had a pool growing up, and I ended up putting more time into maintaining than actually swimming in it. I think pools have really lost their excitement as they became ubiquitous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee