Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 04:40 AM

1,283 posts, read 2,737,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Yet DFW is far superior in every way possible. I wouldn't waste a dime in that hypocritical "Democrat" city, i.e. Austin.
Artsyguy,

Have you heard of the expression that if you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything?

It seems you learned nothing from your banishment (and of course) you and your other dark clouds came back after the stroke of midnight (within the hour no less!) during this week to haunt us all yet again.

Please, if you love DFW so much, go rain that forum and leave Austin alone!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 07:12 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
This post is in the Texas forum. The thread title involves Dallas. Everyone has the right to review unbiased public opinion. This helps them understand the big picture. I believe D/FW is a better city for those who wish to live/suffer in Texas. It's my job to guide people in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOnFiya View Post
Artsyguy,

Have you heard of the expression that if you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything?

It seems you learned nothing from your banishment (and of course) you and your other dark clouds came back after the stroke of midnight (within the hour no less!) during this week to haunt us all yet again.

Please, if you love DFW so much, go rain that forum and leave Austin alone!!

Last edited by artsyguy; 07-31-2010 at 07:30 AM..

Old 07-31-2010, 10:28 AM
k_s

405 posts, read 896,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
It's my job to guide people in the right direction.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:29 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,792 times
DFW all the way. No comparison.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:12 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,870,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I didn't find it a great place to live, just a nice place to spend a night or two.
yeah, i'm gonna have to disagree with you all the way right here.

Last edited by migol84; 08-26-2010 at 04:05 AM..

Old 08-26-2010, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOnFiya View Post
If you are annoyed by the mindset of many liberals, then Austin is going to really irritate you. Many Austinites wear their liberalness and Democratic pride on their sleeves and aren't afraid to show it!

Being a fiscal conservative will bring some polite nods from the locals, but don't be surprised if (at side glance), they give you a cross-eyed look. If you come to Austin, I'd suggest you get new people and prospective friends to get to know you as "whole persons", before you drop the 'conservative' bomb on them. LOL !!
it's really not that big of a deal here with politics.... not to the point where your life is going to be miserable. i'm not sure this is an accurate assessment. they will give you that cross-eyed glance only if someone said something awkwardly and politically offensive though.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post
That really is what makes the choice, ultimately, doesn't it? In case no one's mentioned it, I will:

Have a job lined up before you come to Texas. If you really want to live here, don't think about choosing among cities, but from the jobs that are available all over the state. If that job takes you to a small town in NE Texas or the Panhandle or the Southern border of Mexico, that's just where you end up living. But to arbitrarily pick a city because it's where you want to live and move there hoping to find work ... please, don't do it. This will not work out as planned.
but wouldn't your life suck like this? i'd rather move to a city where i want to live and not move to a city where i might not want to live.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC to Austin View Post
Sorry to disappoint you, but we are going to quit two well paying jobs and move to a city in Texas just because we want to live there. We won't have jobs lined up. This won't be the first time we have done it. We are well funded and can go for many years without employment if needed.
Ahhh..... nice! I wish more people had your mindset. I'm working on being at this level. I kinda sorta em though.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_s View Post
I think "Aus-hole" rolls off the tongue nicely.

I kid, of course
i think though.... people who have this "austitude" or as you put it "aus-hole" are people that aren't even from austin. there are plenty of people here who aren't originally from here. most people moved here when they finished school at UT and liked it so much they decided to stay here.

i could be wrong though.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feufoma View Post
Come on-I think it's pretty clear that Austin can in no way compete with DFW. That's just not an even comparison. Sacramento? Sure. Not DFW (or Houston for that matter).
how is austin competing with dallas?

a person is simply asking suggestions on which place to live that would be more suitable for his or her needs. no one was competing here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas