Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 10:56 AM

7 posts, read 22,864 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any insider info on San Angelo other than what we see in City Data? I'm moving back to TX in a month and am still torn on where to. We enjoy thunderstorms as well as sun, but don't want too much humidity, and in a town that offers a medium-sized newspaper, a couple of walmarts and targets, and the like, so not too small. Grew up in Dallas, and though I like it, I don't want to move back there because it's just too big for me.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2006, 02:26 AM

827 posts, read 5,081,157 times
It sounds like you'll love San Angelo. It isn't too big, but isn't too small either. It isn't as hot as south Texas but like all of Texas, still gets hot in the summer, just not the oppressive heat like down south. It is in a pretty area with a nice river. It doesn't offer a lot on jobs but if you can find a job there, you will love it. It also doesn't cost much to live there. A great city.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:27 AM

364 posts, read 1,421,314 times
I was born there, grew up not far away, and went to college in San Angelo (Angelo State University). I loved the city and area. It is a great place to live. Check out the ASU website. They have some community links.

Best of luck to you.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:43 AM

7 posts, read 22,864 times
Thanks everyone for your San Angelo replies. It sounds very good and a nice place to live. I can't believe I've never been there while growing up in TX. I'm still swaying more towards Temple or Georgetown simply because I can get a rental house to live in until we get settled on neighborhoods, etc. I looked in the San Angelo online newspaper and their housing costs are higher, with only 2 rental houses to choose from. Maybe that will change in 30-days, that would be great.

Thanks again!

Old 11-09-2006, 08:06 AM

364 posts, read 1,421,314 times
Temple is good, too! We love living here.

Good luck in your search.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:01 PM

131 posts, read 189,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSTX View Post
Temple is good, too! We love living here.

Good luck in your search.
In San Angelo the Xmas miseltoe is pretty

Old 11-19-2006, 12:53 AM

7 posts, read 67,044 times
you can search for pearls in the Concho River...

Old 11-19-2006, 03:53 PM

8 posts, read 31,617 times
Smile Was Stationed for 3 months at Goodfellow

I have fond memories of San Angelo from the short time I was there back in the summer of 1976. I was in the Army at the time and had
just finished Advanced Individual Training at Monterey, CA and subsequently was sent to Goodfellow AFB to complete my training there. The one thing that stands out in my mind about San Angelo was how well I and other military folks stationed there were treated by the locals. They were very friendly and kind to all of us. Contrast that with the way we were treated by
the locals and businesses in Monterey. They swore at us, picked fights with us, kicked us out of their businesses and didn't want to have anything to do with us. If I had the choice, I'd move to San Angelo in a heartbeat. Texans sure are friendly!

Old 11-19-2006, 08:26 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,673,809 times
Default Goodfellow AFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckcollar99 View Post
I have fond memories of San Angelo from the short time I was there back in the summer of 1976. I was in the Army at the time and had
just finished Advanced Individual Training at Monterey, CA and subsequently was sent to Goodfellow AFB to complete my training there. The one thing that stands out in my mind about San Angelo was how well I and other military folks stationed there were treated by the locals. They were very friendly and kind to all of us. Contrast that with the way we were treated by
the locals and businesses in Monterey. They swore at us, picked fights with us, kicked us out of their businesses and didn't want to have anything to do with us. If I had the choice, I'd move to San Angelo in a heartbeat. Texans sure are friendly!
Well, another "Goodbuddy AFB" fellow airman! I was there from July 1972 - March 1973. I went to Okinawa after tech school and was at Dyess AFB (Abilene) when you were at Goodfellow. I was reassigned to Dyess due to overseas AFSC imbalance, more jobs overseas than stateside, but went right back to Okinawa again in 1977.
Anyway, I liked San Angelo and used to ride by bicycle (didn't have a car) downtown along the Concho River (nice!).

Old 11-02-2010, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,898 times
Hi everyone! My son is in the Air Force and is stationed at GoodFellow now... anyone know the closest airport to bring him home to Columbus OHIO for 3 days??? PLEASE?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas