Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 12:48 PM

202 posts, read 352,504 times

Advertisements

I am looking at MSU in Wichita Falls because it is small but only a couple hours from Dallas. I am also look at West Texas A&M in Canyon.
Which has a better college life??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 04:30 PM

611 posts, read 2,234,208 times
what major are you looking at.....when choosing between these two choices that should be your first priority in making that decision

Canyon is quite a bit further from dallas than Wichita Falls

both are the same size schools, but WF will be larger than Canyon

are these the only two choices....what will you be looking to do as far as "student life"

and most important what major are you considering

Old 12-12-2010, 04:35 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,861,548 times
I agree. What you are looking to study should be your first priority in choosing a college.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:13 PM

Business I think

Old 12-12-2010, 07:13 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,861,548 times
Neither of these universities are well-known for their business schools. One of the most important things when choosing a business chool is the alumni network, and when you grauate from such a small school, the alumni network is practically non-existent. This will make it more difficult for you to find a job when you gradate since few employers recruit at the school, and people will say "I never heard of that school" when you say where your degree is from.

Of the Texas public universities, Texas Tech and UT Dallas are the smallest universities that have a ranked business school. (UT Austin and Texas A&M are also rated, but they are much larger.)

Old 12-12-2010, 07:33 PM

well I think I will end up transferring when I start focusing on my Major

Old 12-12-2010, 11:05 PM

252 posts, read 724,249 times
Why don't you just stick around Dallas then and take your basics somewhere?

Wichita Falls is a pretty rough town. Canyon is marginally better, but both schools basically just exist for local area kids to get a degree. You'd be much better off somewhere else.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:32 AM

Dang triwing you may be right.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:25 PM

1,678 posts, read 4,010,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triwing View Post
Why don't you just stick around Dallas then and take your basics somewhere?

Wichita Falls is a pretty rough town. Canyon is marginally better, but both schools basically just exist for local area kids to get a degree. You'd be much better off somewhere else.
I am curious... where did you get information that Wichita Falls is a "rough" town? In what regards, if you don't mind me asking? Have you lived there? Or, is this just some opinion you came up with? Do tell!

I lived there 15 years, moving in early 2009. While it certainly isn't crime free, I don't really see it as terribly rough either. MSU is a pretty decent school... quite large, with an expanding campus. Its also located in a highly convienent area.

Anyhow, I wouldn't write it off yet, Katie. I answered alot of what you had wrote about in another Wichita Falls thread you started yesterday too... look it up.

Ian

Old 12-29-2010, 06:32 PM

568 posts, read 2,419,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post
I am curious... where did you get information that Wichita Falls is a "rough" town? In what regards, if you don't mind me asking? Have you lived there? Or, is this just some opinion you came up with? Do tell!
I'd like to know as well. I've lived here pretty much my entire life and have never felt it to be a "rough" town. If you're on the wrong side of town it can be rough, but if you're spending your time within a few miles of MSU, then it's far from rough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas