Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2006, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,650 times

Advertisements

Hi My Name Is Horacio And I Live In A Lovely Town Called El Indio. Even Though It Was Created In 1928 The Town Stopped Growing. I Am Trying To Get The People Involved In The Growth, But Everything I Tried Has Faled. People Get Mad Because I Am Trying To Help By Stopping Them Doing Things That They Are Not To Do. Any Suggestions Please Let Me Know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2006, 12:56 PM

2 posts, read 10,305 times
Where is that place located in Texas?

Old 01-19-2006, 03:49 PM

5 posts, read 17,862 times
You need to broaden your horizons, talk to other cities near by and get advice from their city council, Or run for city council where you are at right now. You just need to think bigger and broader.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:24 PM

35 posts, read 118,157 times
You're not going to build up the city without attracting jobs. And you're not going to attract jobs since you're not ina responsible government position, why should they relocate there when there's thousands of other cities to move to. Start up a on for profit foundation encouraging entrepreneurship amongst the people already there. They'll start their businesses and then one will finally pop. Then they'll need to hire people outside of the city then the city will steamroll into awknowlegment. Think Austin. it too was once a provincial town with nothing really to show for it. Yes it has the state capitol and the major university but those are 2 things that will never ever be located in your town. Once jobs come, then house building follows, then retail, then restaurants, then entertainment. Etcetera etcetera.

Old 02-03-2006, 09:50 PM

Location: Taiwan -sometimes in Mainland China and home TEXAS.
3 posts, read 11,149 times
Talking Are there any worthwhile jobs there?

I'd come if there is. Greetings all the way from Taiwan and China Mainland
from an a cowboy who has drifted too far!

Old 02-03-2006, 09:56 PM

3 posts, read 44,480 times
I was born in Texas and have been all over the state, and have never heard of El Indio. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you.

Old 03-17-2006, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodelectric
I was born in Texas and have been all over the state, and have never heard of El Indio. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you.
There are literally lots of small places like this throughout the country.
Till fairly recently, I had never heard of Imperial Texas, and now own property there.
It's a small unincorporated town, population maybe 430 or so.
Out of the way, but with 2 highways going through.
One web site states that it had about 1000 people at one time, but now population is thin.
I'm not about to try and change the current residents, but might set a good example.
Politics can get you in deep manure...

Wayne WA2YNE

Old 03-24-2010, 02:03 PM

33 posts, read 85,138 times
I've heard of that place
it is near the Rio Grande south of Del Rio and Eagle Pass and north of Laredo

try to make it a tourist trap
Make the tallest pile of eggs
Just kidding

Old 03-24-2010, 02:58 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,621,070 times
I would start by building a town website

Old 03-24-2010, 08:54 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socio View Post
Hi My Name Is Horacio And I Live In A Lovely Town Called El Indio. Even Though It Was Created In 1928 The Town Stopped Growing. I Am Trying To Get The People Involved In The Growth, But Everything I Tried Has Faled. People Get Mad Because I Am Trying To Help By Stopping Them Doing Things That They Are Not To Do. Any Suggestions Please Let Me Know
Education and do any activity that builds a sense of community
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas