Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 10:03 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
The problem isn't your map/data, the problem is what you said about it. A thinly disguised swipe at, I assume, the governor, and suggestion that this is a curse sent from above.

These politically-driven posts are polluting the forum, and I really wish mods would actually do something about cleaning them up.
Very well said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 10:23 AM
6am

276 posts, read 271,393 times
just because defender (OP) choose to stay, a "safe" route approach vs moving to TEXAS or elsewhere often citing innate advantages of coastline, weather, mountain, scenery etc...but these are natural elements (God's creation) as opposed to business, jobs, education (man-made assets). For corporation, businesses, taxpayer to take such risks and move away speaks volume of how undesirable the state has become . Imagine how many more jobs TEXAS would have created if we had awesome weather (by your definition) . Well, I take TEXAS any day - at least we are resilient bunch, controlling what we can and not whining over elements of nature.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:34 AM

347 posts, read 468,067 times
If you are the type that can't handle 80s for a high and require many days of minus degree temps with many inches of snowfall every winter, I have news for you pal, Texas is not for you!

The following is simply my opinion as to what the weather is like in Texas every year:

Jan-Feb is winter. 2nd half of Feb sometimes feels like early spring.

March-April is spring. 2nd half of April can have a few days that are as hot as summer, but it is usually not persistent.

May is the transition month. The 1st part of May is spring-like, but somewhere in May the weather usually changes to a summer-like pattern with less cool fronts.

Late May - most of Sept is summer.

September is the transition from summer to autumn. This is the month when the cool fronts start to kick back in, which lowers our temps. However 90+ weather can still be felt into Oct or even possibly Nov depending on where you live in Texas.

Oct, Nov and almost all of Dec is fall. Around Christmas thru New Years Eve is the approach of winter.

Disagree if you will, but even in the wake of the hottest summer ever recorded I still believe this will hold true!

Old 09-03-2011, 11:24 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
It depends on where one is in TX, but for DFW that's pretty close. BTW, I did a little research and found out that in DFW, the latest 100-degree day ever recorded was 105 degrees on October 5th! And the earliest was 100 degrees on March 9th. Lordy.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:42 AM

130 posts, read 317,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Well, I've been here in Texas way too long and cannot wait for the day to move on to beautiful scenery and pleasant weather. Yes, this has been a very hot and dry summer, but all of the summers are horrible and never-ending, just not quite as bad as this one. Perhaps my move will happen before retirement, but perhaps it won't. I'm certain it will happen one of these years. I cannot do another summer here and either can my canine girls.

We've had 82 days of triple digits and 40 days of 90+ with the first 90 degree day beginning on April 1. Enough is enough already. Geez, 122 days over 90 degrees and we're not finished yet. That's over 1/3 of the year. It's nuts and the nights haven't been nice either. The air stinks like dust. Ick!
I'm totally a snow person myself and I am not saying anything bad about Texas, but I really picked a bad place to live. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find a nice place to settle down. By the by are you a fellow dog person?

Old 09-03-2011, 02:57 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,277,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyx_Vance View Post
I'm totally a snow person myself and I am not saying anything bad about Texas, but I really picked a bad place to live. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find a nice place to settle down. By the by are you a fellow dog person?
I can take or leave snow, but I do like it. I've just never lived in a place where it snows bunches, but I think I'd do fine. If I can take this heat, I can take snow. This stuff is brutal. I love cold weather though. Well, cold to me would be the 20s or 30s and that might not be cold to some. My ideal temperature is 55. That number is just the best and Texas gets some of them and it's great. From November to March or April, the weather is pretty good except for some way too hot days that creep in and some days in early Spring that are way to humid. If summer only last three months, it wouldn't be so bad but it's never ending.

Thank you and yes, I'm a fellow dog person. My canine girls are so special to me. One is 13 and slowing down, but she a dear girl. Her name is Lady Dawg (that's southern for dog, you know ) and is a Yellow Lab. Her daughter, Katy Louise (born in Georgetown on Louise Street) is 8, and has Catahoula in her from her father and looks the part. If I had picked a male, his middle name would have been George.

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:02 AM

563 posts, read 910,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderpig View Post
A sign from nature. See the red of excessive temps from August. Perhaps someone from above is warning us Has any controversial person from the state stepped into the limelight recently?

August 2011 temperature departures from average
Image credit: High Plains Regional Climate Center

August 2011: Record-shattering Month - weather.com
Are you talking about Oklahoma? You must be because a much larger % of that state has seen a departure from the mean. I don't recall anyone running from Oklahoma...

Was the "once-in-a-century" quake on the east coast a sign that the nation should purge Washington of the current regime? What about the ensuing hurricane?

Old 09-04-2011, 11:25 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileDave View Post
Was the "once-in-a-century" quake on the east coast a sign that the nation should purge Washington of the current regime? What about the ensuing hurricane?
Well I can't speak for the OP...largely due to that fact I don't speak moron but that is how I intrepid the East coast Hurricane and Washington DC Earthquake.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:15 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,979,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Well I can't speak for the OP...largely due to that fact I don't speak moron but that is how I intrepid the East coast Hurricane and Washington DC Earthquake.
Intrepid?

Old 09-04-2011, 10:27 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,056,573 times
More religious rubbish... Let me tell you how this works. Sometimes it's hotter than average. Sometimes it's colder than average. That's why they call it an average. If "someone from above" was trying to warn us, why do something that happens naturally anyway? What's next, is he going to bring thunderstorms in the fall like we get every year? Get a grip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas