Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city will make the most dramatic Change in its core?
Dallas 57 24.36%
Houston 103 44.02%
Austin 48 20.51%
San Antonio 26 11.11%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 06:57 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
How is the poll "finished"..? Pretty sure people are still voting, and you clearly set the tone for the thread at "core".. Changing the parameters to whatever fits your argument best as usual..
You are so right ......for some reason i thought i put an ending date for the poll. I didn't even notice that people were still voting.....YOU ARE RIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME......YAY!!!

Old 06-13-2015, 06:59 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,565,614 times
Quote:
when the market conditions are right in the next decade or so — the investors could transform the southern portion of the 80 acres closest to the airport into a mixed-use development featuring Houston’s first automated parking garage, Levine said. The investors plan to keep a multifamily component to the property, Levine added.
Automated parking garages use a mechanical elevator-like system to maximize the number of cars that can be parked on a single lot. They cost as much or a little less than conventional parking garages, but can free up substantial space for other development projects, like hotels and retail shops that could be built near Hobby Airport.
Long-term plans for Broadway Square Apartments near Hobby Airport include a mixed-used development with Houston's first automated parking garage - Houston Business Journal

Quote:
The company's current headquarters, next door at 3333 Richmond Ave., will be demolished after the company moves to the new building, and will become the site of a boutique hotel, said Wade Bowlin, executive vice president of PM Realty Group, which is developing and marketing the project.

The hotel brand has not yet been selected, but once complete, the hotel will connect to the office building with a garden terrace that will be exclusive to office tenants and hotel guests.
3737 Buffalo Speedway in Houston's Greenway Plaza area underway; Solvay Chemicals will move in - Houston Business Journal

Quote:
A Dallas-based multifamily developer has broken ground on the second phase of a $100 million apartment project under construction in the Galleria area.

The developer broke ground last month on the project’s second phase. Azalea Court, a 17-story, 301-unit apartment tower, is expected to begin vertical construction in the next month or so. Construction is expected to take 20 months to complete.
Streetlights Residential breaks ground on phase II of luxury apartment project in Houston's Galleria area - Houston Business Journal

Old 06-13-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
You are so right ......for some reason i thought i put an ending date for the poll. I didn't even notice that people were still voting.....YOU ARE RIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME......YAY!!!
wow. i posted a comment with lots of merit to it, and your response is to try and belittle me through slandering lies? typical...

Old 06-13-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
The city issued 147 residential permits in March alone, the highest monthly total in more than five years, according to the the economic development group. The total value for the residential permits issued over the first five months of the year totaled more than $75 million.

Commercial developers also continue to build projects amid the downturn in oil prices.
The city issued 88 commercial building permits between January and May, nearly doubling the number of permits issued during the same time period last year.
Building permits pick up in Pearland despite low oil prices, according to the Pearland Economic Development Corp. - Houston Business Journal

Quote:
A Houston developer plans to build a new waterway community in Katy.
Academy Development submitted plans to the city of Houston for Marcello, a new community on 546 acres of farmland at the southeast corner of Katy Hockley and Clay roads — near the Grand Parkway and Interstate 10. The city's planning commission approved Academy's plat for Marcello on June 11.
Academy Development to build Marcello, a new waterway community near the Grand Parkway in Katy - Houston Business Journal

Quote:
At closing time, Alliance executed a back-to-back transaction, selling the northern 6 acres fronting Allen Parkway to a private investor, whose identity was not disclosed. Alliance has retained the southern 4.5 acres to develop a new Broadstone-branded luxury apartment project
City of Houston sells prime piece of real estate near Buffalo Bayou to Phoenix-based multifamily developer Alliance Residential Co. - Houston Business Journal

Hopefully Alliance sold the Buffalo Bayou frontage to the developer they out bid that wanted to build a couple 30 story towers along the park. heh

Old 06-13-2015, 08:05 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,168,216 times
The Independent. Soon to be Austin tallest building has nearly sold out! Limited units available now.

https://m.facebook.com/independentaustin?fref=ts&_rdr

Old 06-13-2015, 08:27 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,843,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
The Independent. Soon to be Austin tallest building has nearly sold out! Limited units available now.

https://m.facebook.com/independentaustin?fref=ts&_rdr
That is an impressive achievement in such a short time frame.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
wow. i posted a comment with lots of merit to it, and your response is to try and belittle me through slandering lies? typical...
......i just said you were RIGHT.......what on earth are you talking about.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
......i just said you were RIGHT.......what on earth are you talking about.
"...for the first time"... "YAY!"...

Keep playing dumb boi..

Awesome news Jon!!

Old 06-13-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
"...for the first time"... "YAY!"...

Keep playing dumb boi..

Awesome news Jon!!
Hey lets not get to petty and get this one closed.....just post progress for Houston as I will for Dallas and we should be fine....

Old 06-13-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Hey lets not get to petty and get this one closed.....just post progress for Houston as I will for Dallas and we should be fine....
Did you mean Tom Petty? Surely you weren't calling me "too petty" after the posts you made earlier. And what do you mean "let's"..? Last I checked I was driving through West Texas with no cell phone service when yall got the H vs D thread shut down.. Don't try to drag me into that. But anyways... hopefully you will take your own advice so this thread stays civil..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas