Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 05:11 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,420,310 times

Advertisements

I agree with the above comments. I am an atheist, but I have many friends and family who are religious to one extent or another. My experience is that, as long as we don't go out of our way to be abrasive or obnoxious, we all get along pretty well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 05:59 AM

8,341 posts, read 5,498,098 times
Ironically my screen name is a Satanic reference. I am not a Satanist (Satan doesn’t exit as far as I’m concerned), however there are things about the satanic philosophy just as there are from the Christian religion that I admire.

Satanism encourages individuality where as religion discourages it. Christianity encourages thinking of others before yourself, while Satanist thought is like runaway libertarianism.

As such I consider myself an agnostic deist. I think something is out there but don’t know what.

I mention all this because I have found tons of people in my years in Dallas and Houston that share similar thoughts.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:35 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog79 View Post
This is correct. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe most Texans have a live and let live type of approach.
That's been my experience - Texas is a state filled with people who value independent thought and independence in general very highly in my experience.

Pull your own weight and don't be an entitled pantywaist and generally speaking you'll be accepted and respected in Texas.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:37 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
If you work out at the gym, Sundays are the BEST day of the week to hit the gym. I live in a suburb north of Dallas and Sunday is the only morning of the week my gym is virtually empty. Having lived in other cities outside of Texas, it still amazes me that, the majority of regulars at the gym. being under the age of 35, they are all "absent" on Sundays. It's the best thing about living in a very Christian area. My partner and I are gay agnostics, never a problem.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:25 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,420,310 times
That's a good gym tip, I'll have to try Sunday mornings. However, my area of Houston (inside Loop 610) is probably less religious than the suburbs in Dallas or Houston. It's worth a try, since I've been avoiding going on the weekends because of the crowding issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas