Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 10:24 PM

370 posts, read 612,762 times

Advertisements

Let me be as unbiased as I can with this question. Since going back and fourth from Houston to Dallas over the years, this is my conclusion to both cities.

In Dallas, the girls are a little bit more stuck up, you're more likely to run into more "superficial" girls. Not all are like this, but you see this a lot more in D-town. I'm not sure if it's the fact that there's more men than women there that they feel more in demand? Either way, I think it's a better place for women. You have a little less diversity in the women as well, unless they are there for school going to UTD, UD or SMU or any of the schools do you run into more 'cultured chicks'. Dallas' night life is good though, as many posters mentioned there is plenty of different places for different types of people.

Houston has no problem keeping up with Dallas in terms of "white girls", we just happen to have all the other Races too. And inside the loop in Houston, you will have no problem running into pretty girls, there is a lot. Houston is much more diverse, you're bound to meet a lot of different girls, as it's a melting pot. Girls mixed of different descent which in my opinion is awesome. I've not only heard this from myself, but friends who went to school in Dallas that graduated came back down told me the same thing. As another guy, I wouldn't want more dudes coming to my city.. but Hey! I gotta help another fellow CD'er out.

In terms of night life they are pretty similar, Houston has really up'ed their game in the past decade and are on a complete incline in the department. I can only continue to see it get better too.

In general, for a young professional Austin is the first choice in Texas for dating. 2nd is Houston. Will you go wrong with Dallas? I don't think so. My .02 - Good luck
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 12:50 AM

213 posts, read 388,453 times
Houston, with it's port, international hub of the energy industry, along with location has an ever increasing international feel to it. This includes mostly South Americans and Asians. The same can be said about Dallas, but too a lesser extent, as Dallas still has a larger regional midwestern/southern feel to it. Both cities are ever-increasing melting pots as far as race and nationality is concerned.

As someone was saying earlier in this thread, "Dallas is like a vending machine." Well the same can be said of Houston. Houston like Dallas is also segmented into areas that where the women represents the demographics. River Oaks gals will look just like Highland Park gals and vice-versa. Plastic surgeons, fitness clubs, salons are of the abundance in both cities. While there are girls in Houston who embrace the natural Austin bohemian look, most girls I know and see dress very feminine while dressing for the local climate of heat and humidity 5 months out of the year. Houston and Dallas have some of the best dressed women in the world. I think Dallas takes it more seriously and Houston has a bit more fun. Houston like Dallas has its fair share of women are beautiful, vain, and almost unapproachable. As it goes with most everything, Houston and Dallas are more alike than they are different. Every nationality & race has it's best looking and best-dressed women. BTW:, both cites have notorious best-dressed lists.

Dallas has trash that puts on trash , as does Houston. If you like blonde girls that have an Hermes bag, Tory Burch flats and are private-school bred; you'll have a good chance of finding them in both Dallas and Houston. You can find and date your preferred choice of woman in both cities.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:56 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyan View Post
Houston has no problem keeping up with Dallas in terms of "white girls", we just happen to have all the other Races too. And inside the loop in Houston, you will have no problem running into pretty girls, there is a lot. Houston is much more diverse, you're bound to meet a lot of different girls, as it's a melting pot. Girls mixed of different descent which in my opinion is awesome. I've not only heard this from myself, but friends who went to school in Dallas that graduated came back down told me the same thing. As another guy, I wouldn't want more dudes coming to my city.. but Hey! I gotta help another fellow CD'er out.
Dallas has all the other races and nationalities too. To deny that is to not know Dallas.

Houston is more diverse, but the gap isnt that wide as it once was.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostOak5115 View Post
Houston, with it's port, international hub of the energy industry, along with location has an ever increasing international feel to it. This includes mostly South Americans and Asians. The same can be said about Dallas, but too a lesser extent, as Dallas still has a larger regional midwestern/southern feel to it. Both cities are ever-increasing melting pots as far as race and nationality is concerned.

As someone was saying earlier in this thread, "Dallas is like a vending machine." Well the same can be said of Houston. Houston like Dallas is also segmented into areas that where the women represents the demographics. River Oaks gals will look just like Highland Park gals and vice-versa. Plastic surgeons, fitness clubs, salons are of the abundance in both cities. While there are girls in Houston who embrace the natural Austin bohemian look, most girls I know and see dress very feminine while dressing for the local climate of heat and humidity 5 months out of the year. Houston and Dallas have some of the best dressed women in the world. I think Dallas takes it more seriously and Houston has a bit more fun. Houston like Dallas has its fair share of women are beautiful, vain, and almost unapproachable. As it goes with most everything, Houston and Dallas are more alike than they are different. Every nationality & race has it's best looking and best-dressed women. BTW:, both cites have notorious best-dressed lists.

Dallas has trash that puts on trash , as does Houston. If you like blonde girls that have an Hermes bag, Tory Burch flats and are private-school bred; you'll have a good chance of finding them in both Dallas and Houston. You can find and date your preferred choice of woman in both cities.
I think this is a fair assesment, but I would argue one point: Houston feels much more southern than Dallas does. Dallas feels more Midwestern.

Houston is definately a more international city but whereas Dallas was once a distant 2nd, its not anymore.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:14 PM

370 posts, read 612,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Dallas has all the other races and nationalities too. To deny that is to not know Dallas.

Houston is more diverse, but the gap isnt that wide as it once was.
I agree with Dallas being diverse, I just meant there's much more diversity in H. Your bound to run into different races as both are big cities, so both will have noticeable diversity. I think this is the case with most Texas cities atm, as many people are moving to them too, there's been a culture spike last few years

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
I think this is a fair assesment, but I would argue one point: Houston feels much more southern than Dallas does. Dallas feels more Midwestern.

Houston is definately a more international city but whereas Dallas was once a distant 2nd, its not anymore.
Dallas feels more like Texas, Houston feels more International. I do agree with there being southern patches here in there in Houston though

Old 04-04-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyan View Post
I agree with Dallas being diverse, I just meant there's much more diversity in H. Your bound to run into different races as both are big cities, so both will have noticeable diversity. I think this is the case with most Texas cities atm, as many people are moving to them too, there's been a culture spike last few years

Dallas feels more like Texas, Houston feels more International. I do agree with there being southern patches here in there in Houston though
To me (regardless of which is more international) Dallas feels like the Midwest and the Great Plains. Houston feels more Southern and Gulf Coastal.

As far as the diversity topic is concerned, Houston has been diverse for decades. Diversity is newer to Dallas. It really only started becoming diverse around 2000, but its (statistically) made up for lost time. Right now, they are growing similarly in demographic terms. Whites are 22% of Dallas' growth and 19% of Houston's. Based on the 2013 estimates, international residents are 19% of Houston's growth and 18% of Dallas' growth by metro area. Internationally, Houston gets a much larger and more diverse set of Latin Americans and Dallas gets a larger and more diverse set of Africans. In Asia, Houston's growth is more centered in East Asia whereas Dallas growth is more centered in South Asia.

The previous statements are supported by INS data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas