Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 07:09 AM

954 posts, read 1,550,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The Cotton Bowl that is known for Joe Montana’s comeback, James Street’s fourth-down pass and Miami’s 202 yards in penalties is dying.

Thank you, God.

Next year, AT&T Stadium will be the site of a real college football title game as a result of a four-team playoff.
Moderator Cut: Copyrighted Material

Read more here: Playoffs mean end of Cotton Bowl as we know it | Dallas-Fort Worth Sports News - Sports News ...
Playoffs mean end of Cotton Bowl as we know it | Dallas-Fort Worth Sports News - Sports News ...

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 01-06-2014 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: Copyright: Quoute a couple of sentences and provide the link, please, do not post entire articles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 08:06 AM

693 posts, read 1,108,249 times
The bowl system will be changing for sure. The traditional SEC/Big XII match up will now be in the Sugar bowl instead of Cotton. Additionally, the Texas Bowl in Houston will now host an SEC/Big IIX game.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 979Texan View Post
The bowl system will be changing for sure. The traditional SEC/Big XII match up will now be in the Sugar bowl instead of Cotton. Additionally, the Texas Bowl in Houston will now host an SEC/Big IIX game.
Really ? It always puzzles me why Reliant stadium down in Houston can land Super Bowl games in the NFL, but get nothing but rinky-dink matchups when it comes to college bowl games. Like this year they had a game that featured Syracuse and Iowa State, I think ? What a disappointing draw.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:39 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Can you at least attempt to be less transparent Jim? It's so obvious your motive. It's a pointless one anyway. What's good for Fort Worth is good for Dallas and vice versa since this is the same metro area. If it brings to the economy anywhere in DFW, it's great.

Either way, Cowboys Stadium is the same distance from Dallas as it is Fort Worth. Cowboys stadium is much nicer, so I can't blame them.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:13 AM

1,783 posts, read 2,572,779 times
What, you mean a new state of the art stadium is getting great events? Shocking. I don't understand the point of taking this swipe at the Cotton Bowl. Frankly, I'm not sure you actually processed the article correctly.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:23 AM

This linked article explains the future of the Cotton Bowl better than Jim's post.

Changes imminent as Cotton Bowl prepares for playoff era | Dallas-Fort Worth Sports News - Sp...

Old 01-05-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Can you at least attempt to be less transparent Jim? It's so obvious your motive. It's a pointless one anyway. What's good for Fort Worth is good for Dallas and vice versa since this is the same metro area. If it brings to the economy anywhere in DFW, it's great.

Either way, Cowboys Stadium is the same distance from Dallas as it is Fort Worth. Cowboys stadium is much nicer, so I can't blame them.
But it's in Tarrant county Pete. And besides, Arlington is part of the FTW-Arlington metro division. So clearly this stadium is in the Fort Worth Area. End of story.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:47 PM

298 posts, read 416,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
But it's in Tarrant county Pete. And besides, Arlington is part of the FTW-Arlington metro division. So clearly this stadium is in the Fort Worth Area. End of story.
Are from or do you live in the DFW area? If not, I do not even know why you're trying to make that assumption. Dallas and Fort Worth are to interconnected to be split up. Arlington is a DFW suburb. Many people there commute to both Dallas and Tarrant county. Also, though I live in Dallas, I am closer to Cowboys stadium and the other things in Arlington than I am to Downtown Dallas.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:45 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
Who cares? I find your obsession with this odd. The way you worded this thread title was almost like a teenage girl who had been dumped and was hellbent on revenge as opposed to an adult.

I thought we settled this in the other thread where the overwhelming majority of people think the two are too interconnected to split. Who cares about arbitrary county lines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAddict View Post
Are from or do you live in the DFW area? If not, I do not even know why you're trying to make that assumption. Dallas and Fort Worth are to interconnected to be split up. Arlington is a DFW suburb. Many people there commute to both Dallas and Tarrant county. Also, though I live in Dallas, I am closer to Cowboys stadium and the other things in Arlington than I am to Downtown Dallas.
Thank you.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:14 PM

Silly me. I thought this thread had some actual connection to college football. So it's really just a jab at Dallas by a disgruntled Fort Worth resident? I am confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas