Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is most favorite to least favorite
Nacogdoches 22 37.29%
Lufkin 5 8.47%
Longview 4 6.78%
Tyler 17 28.81%
Texarkana 11 18.64%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 02:33 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,582,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Can I ask you why Lufkin is last on your list if you don't mind me asking?
No particular reason except that when I visited, the town just seemed dead. Not knocking the people, just my observation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 02:54 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,931 times
Uh oh...

Old 03-27-2016, 01:04 AM

1,064 posts, read 1,904,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Uh oh...
Longview seem the same way to me but it looks better then Tyler in scenery.

Old 03-27-2016, 05:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:

Right, because to dee ANY town is better than Tyler, in every way imaginable.

Old 03-27-2016, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Yeah...it looks better than both Tyler and Lufkin...and especially better than Nacogdoches

Old 03-27-2016, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Yeah...it looks better than both Tyler and Lufkin...and especially better than Nacogdoches
Apparently any place in the world is better than Tyler. I must be deranged to live here. How could I not be aware that Tyler is the 7th level of Hell? WHO KNEW???????????????????

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get ready for church. Of course, that's all we can do here - go to church and then out to eat afterwards. That's all anyone in Tyler is allowed to do. I need to go iron my hair shirt with the iron I've had heating on the hearth first though. Oops, I need to go draw some water from the well to sprinkle on it first though. And feed the chickens.

When I get home, I'm going to watch the Lawrence Welk Show - the highlight of the week for me! I hope the tin foil on my rabbit ears is still holding - I would hate to have to saddle up the mule to ride down to Nacogdoches for some of that new fangled tin foil they're selling in all the fancy new retail stores down there.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Apparently any place in the world is better than Tyler. I must be deranged to live here. How could I not be aware that Tyler is the 7th level of Hell? WHO KNEW???????????????????

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get ready for church. Of course, that's all we can do here - go to church and then out to eat afterwards. That's all anyone in Tyler is allowed to do. I need to go iron my hair shirt with the iron I've had heating on the hearth first though. Oops, I need to go draw some water from the well to sprinkle on it first though. And feed the chickens.

When I get home, I'm going to watch the Lawrence Welk Show - the highlight of the week for me! I hope the tin foil on my rabbit ears is still holding - I would hate to have to saddle up the mule to ride down to Nacogdoches for some of that new fangled tin foil they're selling in all the fancy new retail stores down there.
Lol...ironically, when my grandmother visited Tyler from Marshall, one of the first things she remarked was how pretty the landscape was. But of course this was decades ago and obviously Tyler has shrunken and the earth there has turned black and barren since then, plus Tyler has even fewer things to do now than it had back then also...just an all around terrible place now smh

Old 03-27-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Lol...ironically, when my grandmother visited Tyler from Marshall, one of the first things she remarked was how pretty the landscape was. But of course this was decades ago and obviously Tyler has shrunken and the earth there has turned black and barren since then, plus Tyler has even fewer things to do now than it had back then also...just an all around terrible place now smh
I know. I don't know why on earth anyone lives here when they could live in someplace like Nac instead. I mean, there is nothing at all to do here, unless you count drawing water from the well, darning socks, slopping the hogs, and knitting afghans for all the elderly shut ins in the community (about 75 percent of the community apparently).

I just got in from church and I'm so excited because a very rare event in Tyler is about to happen - people in their early thirties are coming over - people with KIDS! And we're going to do some sort of new fangled thing, maybe you've heard of it - EASTER EGG HUNTING. This is the most exciting thing that has happened around here since that mall was built and we paved the roads.

I may even take my corset off and get really comfortable. But that's pushing it.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:18 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,904,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I know. I don't know why on earth anyone lives here when they could live in someplace like Nac instead. I mean, there is nothing at all to do here, unless you count drawing water from the well, darning socks, slopping the hogs, and knitting afghans for all the elderly shut ins in the community (about 75 percent of the community apparently).

I just got in from church and I'm so excited because a very rare event in Tyler is about to happen - people in their early thirties are coming over - people with KIDS! And we're going to do some sort of new fangled thing, maybe you've heard of it - EASTER EGG HUNTING. This is the most exciting thing that has happened around here since that mall was built and we paved the roads.

I may even take my corset off and get really comfortable. But that's pushing it.
Two great minds think alike I was just thinking about saddling up to travel the country side of I-20 in smith county or maybe the tollway and look at all the forest.I am glad there is lots of trees there on I-20 and what I call the Country Side Toll way the first I every saw in my life.

The Only Two lane Tollway in Texas

Go tyler wow!

Old 03-27-2016, 03:55 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,084,282 times
Quote:
Two great minds think alike I was just thinking about saddling up to travel the country side of I-20 in smith county or maybe the tollway and look at all the forest.I am glad there is lots of trees there on I-20 and what I call the Country Side Toll way the first I every saw in my life.

The Only Two lane Tollway in Texas

Go tyler wow!

And Proud Of IT !! Where's yours, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas