Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is most favorite to least favorite
Nacogdoches 22 37.29%
Lufkin 5 8.47%
Longview 4 6.78%
Tyler 17 28.81%
Texarkana 11 18.64%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 08:12 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,976,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I do like both small cities. They are different from each other but I like that too. I wouldn't want two similar cities so close together.
True.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 03:16 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Tyler easily.

Big city amenities with small town charm.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:20 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,087,407 times
I have to check out Nac. again. I want to see if they have cut down too many trees as Tyler has done. Especially want to check the SFA campus and to the Northeast and Southeast and see if they have clear cut much. If, no dee will not agree, if you want what a 33,868 July 1, 2013, up from 33,847 on July 1, 2012 city has to offer and that is enough, then Nac is your place.

Dee the July 1, 2013 pop figures are out, as of yesterday, Thursday May 22, 2014 and there is no, repeat no growth brag in all of East Texas. The July 1, 2012 to July 1, 2013 was none to very small growth or slight loss, for all the cities I checked. The census bureau has been very close on their yearly estimates for years. So I accept the figures.

I had to dig through the census bureau data to find the cities under 50,000 but it's there, after way too many clicks. There is probably a short cut to the figures.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:20 PM

4,383 posts, read 4,625,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
No argument but Longview, how so... Why, Seriously not to argue, I like Longview.
So it's a question if someone puts Longview first before Tyler? LOL

Old 05-23-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
So it's a question if someone puts Longview first before Tyler? LOL

Nope, he answered the question. It doesn't happen often, lol and seriously I want to know why someone likes Longview better, there are things I like better about Longview, but I will let someone, usually from Longview to share the info. There are few serious things I don't like about Tyler, does that better suit you, or is it that clearer?

Old 05-23-2014, 10:04 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,904,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
I have to check out Nac. again. I want to see if they have cut down too many trees as Tyler has done. Especially want to check the SFA campus and to the Northeast and Southeast and see if they have clear cut much. If, no dee will not agree, if you want what a 33,868 July 1, 2013, up from 33,847 on July 1, 2012 city has to offer and that is enough, then Nac is your place.

Dee the July 1, 2013 pop figures are out, as of yesterday, Thursday May 22, 2014 and there is no, repeat no growth brag in all of East Texas. The July 1, 2012 to July 1, 2013 was none to very small growth or slight loss, for all the cities I checked. The census bureau has been very close on their yearly estimates for years. So I accept the figures.

I had to dig through the census bureau data to find the cities under 50,000 but it's there, after way too many clicks. There is probably a short cut to the figures.
I have to agree with metro matt Tyler feels like an alright town with small town pride!!!!!!

Nacogdoches has a person out of Austin that will be bring a festival here that will bring 50 bands to the city and will be advertise in Houston,Dallas and San Antonio.Nacogdoches is not trying to be or compete with Tyler at all.I will be making a thread on this topic as soon as I learn more about it and the person that thought of Nacogdoches was here this week and chose our city beating out Conroe,tx.Splash Kindom is coming here and two other events are calling Nacogdoches home.

Nacogdoches is a midsize city and with the hills here the city feels even larger!!!

Old 05-24-2014, 07:47 AM

Good report on happenings in Nac. Thanks, Dee. Give us an update about the bands.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Having lived in both towns, I can see how someone might prefer Longview over Tyler (though personally I prefer Tyler). It's a matter of priorities and tastes, of course. Longview doesn't have the traffic and congestion issues that Tyler has - because it doesn't have all the amenities and attractions that Tyler has. But it has ALL the basics anyone could ever need, and some frills as well. It's got most of the chain stores that Tyler has, albeit in smaller forms usually - but they're quite suitable. My son prefers the Longview Mall over the Tyler mall - he says it has more functional stores and less fluff, and I can see his point. Longview has fewer "nice" or unique restaurants, but it has just about any food venue you could ask for, including some excellent Asian options (authentic Thai and Vietnamese, for instance).

If you're not into shopping and dining out, but prefer a simpler, and yet very convenient lifestyle, then I can see how Longview would be preferable. It's easy to live in Longview - but for me, it doesn't meet my "fluff" desires - or one of my most basic necessities in life, which is a market like Fresh or Central Market or Whole Foods. It does, however, have several excellent health food stores.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:00 PM

145 posts, read 200,295 times
I was surprised to discover that Tyler has a Chipotle

It is the city of East Texas but it does not has big city offerings. What you find in Tyler is your very basic Middle American necessities and entertainment options. Virtually all of which can be found just an hour away in 'Shreepote'.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:39 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,786 times
Assuming that wasnt meant to be tongue in cheek: Why would anyone want to drive all the way to shreveport for some chipotle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas