Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is most favorite to least favorite
Nacogdoches 22 37.29%
Lufkin 5 8.47%
Longview 4 6.78%
Tyler 17 28.81%
Texarkana 11 18.64%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 02:44 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,142,203 times

Advertisements

Its interesting: growing up, I always preferred longview over tyler...Tyler always had more options and amenities but Longviews options just seemed to have more flavor than tyler's did. Their mall, their skating rink, their football stadium, the events at maude cobb all just seemed to be more interesting than tyler's did to me for some reason...tyler had a standard issue of many different forms of entertainment, but the few options lonview had were more interesting to me at the time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 03:36 PM

145 posts, read 200,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Assuming that wasnt meant to be tongue in cheek: Why would anyone want to drive all the way to shreveport for some chipotle?
No I am saying that Tyler's amenities aren't exclusive enough that they can't be found elsewhere in the Arklatex.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:45 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,905,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacao View Post
No I am saying that Tyler's amenities aren't exclusive enough that they can't be found elsewhere in the Arklatex.
Thank you!

Old 05-24-2014, 08:39 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,142,203 times
Quote:
I guess my question would be who considers having a chipotle an amenity in the first place?...but im sure that was just an example u were using anyway...but to me, the only other viable option for similar amenities as tyler in east texas is longview, which presumably will suffer from the same lack of exclusive amenities as tyler when it gets larger, since tyler is in the picture

Old 05-24-2014, 08:47 PM

577 posts, read 512,631 times
This seems like a shady poll to me, for all the votes it has gotten, Nacogdoches hasn't had any comments as to why anyone voted that way. I think it's a nice town, but I can't see it being the "top" pick of East Texas cities.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:01 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,087,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Thank you!
Atta boy dee, your welcome?

Old 05-25-2014, 03:08 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,905,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
This seems like a shady poll to me, for all the votes it has gotten, Nacogdoches hasn't had any comments as to why anyone voted that way. I think it's a nice town, but I can't see it being the "top" pick of East Texas cities.
Nacogdoches was going to be the top pic anyway the other places don't have any nightlife/daylife and no Identity.

We all see now that population don't have anything to do with any thing.
Tyler shock me with as many votes it got but it is a retirement town lol

NAC-TOWN BABY!!!

OH yeah K.MICHELLE (R&B) singer concert was a blast 20,000 plus showed out to the NAC-Towm Expo/civic center yesterday!!!

Old 05-25-2014, 03:20 PM

145 posts, read 200,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
OH yeah K.MICHELLE (R&B) singer concert was a blast 20,000 plus showed out to the NAC-Towm Expo/civic center yesterday!!!
She is cute but I do not like her voice.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:16 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,087,407 times
Quote:
well, where in the arklatex, Little Rock, Shreveport, Baton Rouge, Norleans, and Texas?

Two zoos, in East Texas, Lufkin, Tyler, Tyler's written up in Southern Living voted one of the top zoos in the South.

UTTyler Cowen Center, Look at the schedule, performances stop here that go thru Houston, Dallas.

People enjoy the zoo here who come from DFW. Several have written "letters to the editor" stating how they really enjoyed the zoo in Tyler, and to "please keep the zoo a secret, quite" don't advertise the zoo it may become too crowded. Zoo started charging admission and attendance dropped from 600,000 per year to about 350,000.

Actually no where in Texas do you get the lowest city property tax rate as you do in Tyler.

The only Level One Trauma Center ETMC. Fort Worth only has one. John Peter Smith

The East Texas Symphony compares well to Houston Symphony which I enjoyed my 25 years in Houston. ETS of course isn't as large, but very surprisingly good.

All for now, I'm tired. This stuff gets old, even for me, lol.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:49 AM

875 posts, read 1,662,048 times
From my experiences:

Tyler
Huntsville
Lufkin
Nacogdoches
Longview
Texarkana

I lived in East Texas for 5 years (Huntsville), it's extremely slow but very attractive. Fall is my favorite time of the year in East Texas, beautiful, but I put a lot of miles on my car driving back to Houston every weekend. I did enjoy the football games and a few of the parties and clubs/bars but it's very slow...but attractive lol.

Also, you guys rarely mention Huntsville, I thought it was in East Texas???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas