Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times

Advertisements

Normally I'd say, "Next to my wife."

*grin*

But seriously, one thing I did like about living in El Paso were the spectacular sunsets over the desert...with the sky all at once pink and orange and magenta and...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 09:18 AM

20 posts, read 77,523 times
Frio River Canyon has some beautiful sunsets over the hills.. This one is not over the hills but one a good one..
Attached Thumbnails
Best Place in Texas To View A Sunset/Sunrise-dsc03143.jpg  

Old 08-19-2008, 04:30 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Default Colors That Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
Lake Belton....pics taken from the balcony at the only waterfront dining on the lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphOfTheSprint View Post
Galveston at Sunrise (taken from the San Luis):

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphOfTheSprint View Post
Bulverde, just north of San Antonio:

Belle and Triumph, very good pics and incredible perspectives. And Triumph, you've really triumphed this time! These are as colorful as they get in Texas. What's great is the vast array of colors when you have 'rises and 'sets. The more colors you see, the better. I don't want to just single these out now; every picture we've all submitted looks great. I'll probably pick a few more along the way and comment on those, but these here are wonderful. And just dig those peach colors on the Bulverde perspective. You don't even need words to describe the beauty of the changing colors. You just sit and watch.

And absorb.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 7,037 times
I am looking for a place that is private to watch the sunset I would love to set up a romantic/naughty picnic for me and my b/f to watch a sunset but it has to be private and i dont know where i am new to Dallas area. Even on top of a building facing the sun that is high we could sneak up too would be nice..just need it to be private.. *winks* [email]bubbles70_29@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 09-27-2010, 03:09 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,310,589 times
Sunrise over san jacinto mounument, Sunset over Lake Waco on lake shore drive with the lake in the background. San Marcos at Texas State great sunset over the buildings. Sunset at laguna madre down in Padre is good too.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:43 PM

45 posts, read 128,938 times
From my yard in the Panhandle of Texas! There is nothing to block the view

Old 09-29-2010, 12:59 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
Ditto... South Padre Island, there are several bars, restaurants on the West side of the island with views across the Laguna Madre to the West, which are great for watching the sunset. You get to see the sunset colors in the sky and the water. While watching the sunset you get to see boats pass by, wade fishermen out in the Laguna, pelicans, occasionally dolphins and fish jumping.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:30 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Ditto... South Padre Island, there are several bars, restaurants on the West side of the island with views across the Laguna Madre to the West, which are great for watching the sunset. You get to see the sunset colors in the sky and the water. While watching the sunset you get to see boats pass by, wade fishermen out in the Laguna, pelicans, occasionally dolphins and fish jumping.
Ditto. Just got back. Beautiful sunsets every day on the bay side.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:54 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Loves Lookout in Jacksonville, Tx.

http://www.tylertexas.info/photos-loves-lookout.htm (broken link)

Old 09-29-2010, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 6,997 times
Default Texas is the Best place to live!!!

Just wanted to say you are right!!! I wish I had never left. I hope I can get me and my family back home some day. Keep enjoying what you have!! From a displaced "Texan"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas