Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 06:15 PM

35 posts, read 39,307 times

Advertisements

what? are you kidding me? HK Dodgen Loop and all the other loops and the craziness and construction galore all throughout Temple, a total mishmash. Enough to make one schizophrenic. wow. I am not the only one. my friends complain too! seriously. even GPS cannot make heads or tails of it (I turn my SCOUT off, because it is just worthless, the voice navigation will just get me even more lost, so I just have to end up fending for myself and just try to to find my way home through VFR). wow, just wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynel View Post
Funny, I found that Temple was a well planned and zoned city that's easy to navigate compared to others that I have had to navigate in. Waco is okay once you get aquatinted with the major roads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 06:51 PM

70 posts, read 79,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finska View Post
what? are you kidding me? HK Dodgen Loop and all the other loops and the craziness and construction galore all throughout Temple, a total mishmash. Enough to make one schizophrenic. wow. I am not the only one. my friends complain too! seriously. even GPS cannot make heads or tails of it (I turn my SCOUT off, because it is just worthless, the voice navigation will just get me even more lost, so I just have to end up fending for myself and just try to to find my way home through VFR). wow, just wow.
What other loop is there besides HK Dodgen Loop? And what other construction is going on in Temple besides the I35 expansion?

Where are you and your friends trying to get to in Temple for all of you to get lost? Seriously, I may know an easy way for you and your friends to get to that area.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:20 PM

I don't know, it's all loop de loop lookin out there. and it all looks like construction with cones and crap.

Where am I going that I am getting lost? Well, sometimes I am going to visit a friend at that dreaded Baylor Scott and White Hospital, coming from Gatesville way (I can find my way there), it's finding my way back is the problem...there are NO signs on how to get back when you head back on that loop or highway, and I end in Timbuktu in serious BFE miles away and have to turn around and drive about 10 miles back and then coming back towards Temple THEN you see the signs.
Or sometimes (on rare occasion) I do like to go to Natural Grocers in Temple. (and I get lost finding it (and same problem finding my way home)...and it's become such a problem that I just have given up and try to find stuff on Amazon and buy stuff at Super HEB in Hewitt instead.
I have one good friend who lives in Temple and occasionally like to meet him for lunch at his favorite dining spots but I try to avoid these "dates" because of my problems with getting lost. ARGH!

Old 11-30-2015, 07:30 PM

oh a nice area to live outside of Temple, is Heidenheimer...one of my colleagues had a ranch out there. I used to ranch-sit for her there. and it only took me about 10-15 minutes to drive to HEB/Walmart in Temple for shopping. and I was in middle of NOWHERE with her horses and cattle. yeah. real nice. very rural. much like where I live in. so yeah. if I HAD to work in Temple, that is where I would live, in Heidenheimer. Belton is too yuppy for me. that's where all my yuppy rich colleagues live.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I don't know, it's all loop de loop lookin out there. and it all looks like construction with cones and crap.

Where am I going that I am getting lost? Well, sometimes I am going to visit a friend at that dreaded Baylor Scott and White Hospital, coming from Gatesville way (I can find my way there), it's finding my way back is the problem...there are NO signs on how to get back when you head back on that loop or highway, and I end in Timbuktu in serious BFE miles away and have to turn around and drive about 10 miles back and then coming back towards Temple THEN you see the signs.
Or sometimes (on rare occasion) I do like to go to Natural Grocers in Temple. (and I get lost finding it (and same problem finding my way home)...and it's become such a problem that I just have given up and try to find stuff on Amazon and buy stuff at Super HEB in Hewitt instead.
I have one good friend who lives in Temple and occasionally like to meet him for lunch at his favorite dining spots but I try to avoid these "dates" because of my problems with getting lost. ARGH!
So, when you get back on the loop to head back towards Gatesville, you are missing the exit to get on highway 36? Follow the signs for the airport Or are you having problems getting on the loop from the hospital and going the right direction?

Natural Grocers- If you are heading on the loop east (towards the hospital) take the exit for North I35 and go under the bridge heading north and the store will be on the right. If you are coming from the hospital, follow the signs to North I35, it will take you right past the store.

Last edited by Raynel; 11-30-2015 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: Better directions

Old 11-30-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
oh a nice area to live outside of Temple, is Heidenheimer...one of my colleagues had a ranch out there. I used to ranch-sit for her there. and it only took me about 10-15 minutes to drive to HEB/Walmart in Temple for shopping. and I was in middle of NOWHERE with her horses and cattle. yeah. real nice. very rural. much like where I live in. so yeah. if I HAD to work in Temple, that is where I would live, in Heidenheimer. Belton is too yuppy for me. that's where all my yuppy rich colleagues live.
I like that area, too. The highway bypasses it now instead of running though it. About 20 years ago there was a coffeeshop in the old main building. The owners would grind the coffee to whatever amount you wanted, then they moved to Belton. I guess they figured they would get more business there.

Belton is the town that has construction everywhere now. The population has exploded there, new theater, huge HEB, etc.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:52 PM

when I leave lets say Baylor Scott and White, and take that right turn right by that wonderful bakery café Megg's, ya know, I keep going straight, but I am not really sure which lanes to stay in or where to go so I keep on driving cuz there aint no directions. Not sure if I stay in the far left, or to veer somewhere or what..i get all throwed off cuz things look all cattywampus CUZ IM IN FREAKIN TEMPLE!!!!......and then the migraine set in and then im just about ready to throw in the towel and fixin to pull into Spec's and load up on some Shiner Bock. aaahh but then I realize I aint gonna find Spec's ha ha!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynel View Post
So, when you get back on the loop to head back towards Gatesville, you are missing the exit to get on highway 36? Follow the signs for the airport Or are you having problems getting on the loop from the hospital and going the right direction?

Natural Grocers- If you are heading on the loop east (towards the hospital) take the 57th street exit, turn left to go over the bridge, cross bridge and turn left (making a loop) heading west but stay on the far right lane on the feeder road. When you get to the light, yield to the right and the store will be right past the Olive Garden. If you are coming from the hospital, follow the signs to North I35, it will take you right past the store.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
when I leave lets say Baylor Scott and White, and take that right turn right by that wonderful bakery café Megg's, ya know, I keep going straight, but I am not really sure which lanes to stay in or where to go so I keep on driving cuz there aint no directions. Not sure if I stay in the far left, or to veer somewhere or what..i get all throwed off cuz things look all cattywampus CUZ IM IN FREAKIN TEMPLE!!!!......and then the migraine set in and then im just about ready to throw in the towel and fixin to pull into Spec's and load up on some Shiner Bock. aaahh but then I realize I aint gonna find Spec's ha ha!!!
I edited directions for Natural Grocers from coming from the west. Always look for the signs for North I35 since the store is right off of it.

Leaving the hospital, you are taking a left to get on 31st street, before you come to the bridge, be in the far right hand lane it will put you onto the feeder road. Once on the feeder road, get into the far left lane and you will have another lane to the left of you for those exiting the loop, you will also change into that left lane. Always remember to stay in far left lane, it will take you back to the loop.

Spec's, haha, take the I35 exit from the loop, cross over bridge and shopping center is on your right.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:28 PM

ok thanks. I am going to bookmark these forever, in the event I ever find myself in that godforsaken city. ha ha. and yeah, I will NEED Specs that's for DANG sure.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:30 PM

225 posts, read 395,148 times
Anyone familiar with towns called Ben Hur and Odd? Saw the names on the map. Hubby is curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas