Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 07:49 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
How do you explain a 60% increase in ones insurance? Aren't the liberals in the driving seat right now?
Actually the Big Insurance and Big Pharma are in the driving seat. ACA never abolished the existence of insurance companies nor dictated how much the premiums would be. But price fixing and political wrangling was and still is part of the dirty tricks playbook. If Clinton had won, the healthcare industry would have been investigated for price fixing and collusion. Now that Trump won, the DOJ will have lots of time to prosecute Clinton and Trump's other enemies, since that will be their only job.

Big Insurance and Big Pharma are breathing a sigh of relief for the Trump reprieve. His DOJ will be approving mergers left and right--Staples and Office Depot/OfficeMax should have waited a year or two to merge since it would have been rubber stamped. America will have less competition and outlets to buy and higher prices for everything from insurance to office supplies.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:58 AM

986 posts, read 1,272,893 times
I haven't received any notification from BCBS or my employer, but I found this on the BCBSTX website:

+++

On January 1, 2017, regardless of renewal date, CVS pharmacies and CVS pharmacies in a Target store are no longer in your pharmacy network. If you fill your prescriptions at a CVS pharmacy after December 31, 2016, you will pay more for your medicine.

+++

If Obamacare gets scrapped, my monthly insurance cost will increase from $220 to $680. That would suck.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:49 AM

226 posts, read 306,627 times
I don't really have a current say in the ACA because I have a job that pays a great portion of my families insurance. I consider us lucky. However, I fail to believe that if the ACA is done with, that Big Pharma and Big Insurance are just going to want to stop making high profits.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:25 AM

670 posts, read 1,442,249 times
Nice profits here.

Obamacare

Old 11-09-2016, 12:18 PM

226 posts, read 306,627 times
If they are losing money, the same question exists.

ACA gone --> Lower Premiums!!! --> Insurance still hemorrhaging and they are okay with it?

Old 11-11-2016, 11:49 AM

2,465 posts, read 5,793,637 times
THIS

http://www.city-data.com/forum/46153848-post43.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Typical conservative "Personal responsibility" attitude = Blame liberals

Old 11-11-2016, 12:53 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oespinoza83 View Post
If they are losing money, the same question exists.

ACA gone --> Lower Premiums!!! --> Insurance still hemorrhaging and they are okay with it?
No wonder the premiums were high! The executives are not competent to run an insurance company. Must be too much waste, fraud, and abuse in the organization. That's what Conservatives say when you switch out the appropriate words for their criticism of the Federal Government. But criticizing how a private business is run is verboten by these people.

Even without the ACA (ObamaCare™), Big Insurance will still hemorrhage money out of the wazoo and still engage in the same price fixing and deceptive politically motivated P.R. tactics as they did during the Obama Presidency and before. Just that under Trump, the DOJ won't be prosecuting their law-breaking tactics.

I boycotted Walgreens when they merged with Boots and did an inversion to avoid paying taxes to the U.S. Walgreens is now British and Britain is in a worse situation with Brexit. Just don't think about coming back after the U.K. breaks up, better yet just die! This company is too old anyway (1900-2017). CVS is a little better but both are overpriced on the retail side of the store. I buy my OTC medicines at Kroger and Target's pharmacy section now.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:57 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
No wonder the premiums were high! The executives are not competent to run an insurance company. Must be too much waste, fraud, and abuse in the organization. That's what Conservatives say when you switch out the appropriate words for their criticism of the Federal Government. But criticizing how a private business is run is verboten by these people.

Even without the ACA (ObamaCare™), Big Insurance will still hemorrhage money out of the wazoo and still engage in the same price fixing and deceptive politically motivated P.R. tactics as they did during the Obama Presidency and before. Just that under Trump, the DOJ won't be prosecuting their law-breaking tactics.

I boycotted Walgreens when they merged with Boots and did an inversion to avoid paying taxes to the U.S. Walgreens is now British and Britain is in a worse situation with Brexit. Just don't think about coming back after the U.K. breaks up, better yet just die! This company is too old anyway (1900-2017). CVS is a little better but both are overpriced on the retail side of the store. I buy my OTC medicines at Kroger and Target's pharmacy section now.
Walgreens didn't do the inversion.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:14 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkLadyK View Post

If Obamacare gets scrapped, my monthly insurance cost will increase from $220 to $680. That would suck.
Put me on your Christmas card list because apparently my tax dollars are subsidizing your health care. My husband and I pay $1500 a month for our BCBS sucky health insurance.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:59 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
Very few posts here were particular to Texas or the OP's specific dilemma. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas