Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 10:53 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,118,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I do not agree that Dallas is building outward while Houston builds upward. In fact, it’s slightly the other way around seeing as how Dallas city can’t build out like that. It’s hemmed in by its suburbs. Arguing about if Houston or Dallas is more urban is laughable. They are both pretty much the same.
They're 2 sides of the same "urban" coin. Urban meaning = high density, mixed use, walkable/pedestrian-oriented. Houston has a little bit more dense & mixed use areas in its city limits, while Dallas has a little bit more of the latter (walkable/pedestrian-oriented). There's more of a consistent density in Houston, while Dallas has a higher density near its Downtown that decreases further out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 11:06 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugLandDAd View Post
I am always amazed at how people from other places can come to Texas, and just know right away how to make it so much better.

Thank you so much!
Yes, truly amazing, isn't it?

Old 11-13-2017, 11:21 AM

1,982 posts, read 2,091,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
And this is why Dallasites troll people who articles complimenting Houston in the Texas forum. I try not to let Dallasites' reidculuos tendencies change my opinion of the DFW area which is still a great place it is the metroplex and is a more diverse economy than Houston no doubt.

Honestly the most ridiculous claim I've seen is the Dallas is more urban. These guys are crazy, but the reason they say this is because they confuse "urban planning" with the true sense of the word urban. Dallas is one of the most urban planned cities in the world because it grew in the extreme zoning era. So did Houston but Houston decided not to follow the route. In the true sense of the word urban, Houston is denser and at this point, Houston is building upwards while DFW is building outward. And there's no shame in either because that's a matter of preference. But why label your metro as something it isn't?
Calling Dallas a joke is what annoys people, not complimenting Houston.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:24 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
And this is why Dallasites troll people who articles complimenting Houston in the Texas forum. I try not to let Dallasites' reidculuos tendencies change my opinion of the DFW area which is still a great place it is the metroplex and is a more diverse economy than Houston no doubt.

Honestly the most ridiculous claim I've seen is the Dallas is more urban. These guys are crazy, but the reason they say this is because they confuse "urban planning" with the true sense of the word urban. Dallas is one of the most urban planned cities in the world because it grew in the extreme zoning era. So did Houston but Houston decided not to follow the route. In the true sense of the word urban, Houston is denser and at this point, Houston is building upwards while DFW is building outward. And there's no shame in either because that's a matter of preference. But why label your metro as something it isn't?
You dont seem to have the slightest clue as to why Dallas people would be upset????

It has ZERO to do with giving Houston compliments. It has everything to do with calling Dallas names.

Trust me, I know your post history. If the tables were turned, youd be out with Jack Lance losing your minds and I wouldnt blame you if that were the case.

Dont pretend to be stupid. You know full well why this would pi$$ people from Dallas off.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:32 AM

9,895 posts, read 6,602,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys fan in Houston View Post
You dont seem to have the slightest clue as to why Dallas people would be upset????

It has ZERO to do with giving Houston compliments. It has everything to do with calling Dallas names.

Trust me, I know your post history. If the tables were turned, youd be out with Jack Lance losing your minds and I wouldnt blame you if that were the case.

Dont pretend to be stupid. You know full well why this would pi$$ people from Dallas off.
I orginally didn't read the entire original post. I read the first paragraph and the list below it. I was critical about the list on its own to where I didn't have to read the last paragraph to be crtictixal about the article. Later on I saw the last paragraph and saw the Dallas name calling and realized the thread is Loren of a joke than what I originally thought.

Old 11-13-2017, 12:31 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,104,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugLandDAd View Post
I am always amazed at how people from other places can come to Texas, and just know right away how to make it so much better.

Thank you so much!
Well, the OP IS from California. That's usually how most of them act when they move to Texas.

Wonder why their state is so screwed up to the point where they feel they need to flood Texas and other states in droves, though, even though so many act like they know what Texas and other states they move to need in order to be "fixed" and "better".

Old 11-13-2017, 03:02 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,502,540 times
Quote:
You losers took the bait. Congratulations. The guy who created this thread is trying to stir the pot by pitting Houston people vs. Dallas people.

How obvious could he possibly make it that this is a troll thread?

If you havent lived in both cities, you dont know what youre talking about anyway.

Dang, first you call everybody who has participated in this thread "losers" then you say half of us are "out of our minds" It must be nice to be so far above the rest, enjoy the view.

Quote:

I posted from the get go that this thread should have been moved into the Houston forum but now so many people have chimed in while on the Texas forum, I fear it's too late to move it now.

Old 11-13-2017, 03:18 PM

515 posts, read 558,597 times
Clickbait....Lakers is probably a jaded Dodgers fan who is trying to stir up Dallasites to bash Houston for him.

Old 11-13-2017, 03:19 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
I posted from the get go that this thread should have been moved into the Houston forum but now so many people have chimed in while on the Texas forum, I fear it's too late to move it now.
It doesnt even belong in the Houston forum. It belongs in the dead thread pile...

Old 11-13-2017, 05:34 PM

9,895 posts, read 6,602,126 times
Quote:
It doesnt even belong in the Houston forum. It belongs in the dead thread pile...
It doesn't belong in the dead thread pile. It belongs in the Bad threads of the year awards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas