Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 02:20 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,472,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
If it doesn't make sense, correct, your response here doesn't make sense. You were corrected about Tyler being on here since the inception of city-data. If you made that statement to correct my reasonable assumption that since Corpus has twice as many posts, and has also, been on city-data twice as long as Tyler, it reasonable to think Tyler would now have an equal number of posts/activity as Corpus.

I'm going to try to be "done" with this discussion. My main, and simple and clear comment is, simply there is not enough activity, from which sub-forums are created to have a sub-forum for the RGV. IMHO, it makes no sense to think you could CREATE interest by adding a RGV forum. Like would, OH gee, there is now a RGV forum, I think NOW I will comment. They would have already commented as thousands have, in the GENERAL area of the Texas section, which in turn COULD create enough interest for a sub-forum. This doesn't seem to be that difficult to understand. I hope you now understand how it actually works on city-data.
I thought you were already done, you mentioned that some time back but here we are. I still don't see that many posts in either forum that we are talking about, not enough to warrant a separate forum. You can't just say, it is what it is. Corrected me? Just because you say so? I don't think so.

Does CD run advertisements in the Tyler newspaper or run ads on TV? How would you explain a lot of activity from Tyler, not that it's truly a lot.

There are a total of 530 threads at the moment in the Tyler forum. Divide that by the number of months that this forum has been online. That's 12 years x 12 months = 144 months. 530 divided by 144 is 3.7 posts a month. Oh yeah, that's a lot of activity.

I'll tell you the true reason there are forums for Tyler and Lubbock and not the RGV. It's bias, plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
My point was really that the RGV doesn't seem to have many posters that post on here. Whenever I would ask questions there would be like 1 or 2 people that knew anything. It seems like the people who live there aren't interested in a forum like this. If you can get some of your buds on here it might very well make sense to have it's own board.
Get my buds on here? lol. No, it's not really that big of a deal to me. I'm only arguing on principle here and yeah I guess it is arguing but I don't take this seriously. We don't know each other in person, only over the internet and are more or less anonymous. I post in other forums like the health and technology forums, rarely in Texas. The internet is so much bigger than city-data, this is just one small space on it.

Old 03-07-2019, 02:47 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,003,499 times
When you search Mcallen, Brownsville, RGV, Rio Grande there are no more than 420 posts and a lot of them are not even about these places but just threads that mention them once. But yeah, I'm sure the real reason is cause the mods just hate Mexicans.

The division NEVER ENDS

Old 03-07-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
When you search Mcallen, Brownsville, RGV, Rio Grande there are no more than 420 posts and a lot of them are not even about these places but just threads that mention them once. But yeah, I'm sure the real reason is cause the mods just hate Mexicans.

The division NEVER ENDS
Yeah, and there more are cities/towns than the ones you mentioned.

Lubbock has 424 threads at the moment.

It takes a couple of clicks, typing in a few words to create a new subforum, I know because I have done it.

And it's not just Mexicans, it's the area in general.

Old 03-07-2019, 02:53 PM

And they are all about Lubbock. When you search the ones I mentioned, like I said, most are about politics or other cities. Just try it.

Old 03-07-2019, 02:56 PM

https://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=35645710
https://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=35645717
https://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=35645720
https://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=35645722
A good half of them are not even in the Texas forum, and even the ones that are, are often about poltics, San Antonio, or El Paso.

Old 03-07-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
The links don't work because they are searches and are dynamic. You have to search 'Titles Only' but don't bother, I'm beating a dead horse here.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:01 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,082,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
The links don't work because they are searches and are dynamic. You have to search 'Titles Only' but don't bother, I'm beating a dead horse here.
Well I will hand it to you, you say it really doesn't matter to you, but you post and post and say you spend more time on other forums. Wow. I have no interest in other forums. I have a huge interest in politics and the future of America, but try not to respond to politics on here, but I have lately, but will get back to refraining from that never ending topic, as our topic has become. Yes, you are correct I thought I was finished, but you come back with utter nonsense, you mind is completely made up that you are correct, logical, informed, you may be in many other topics, but my comments are supported by the detailed experiences I have listed and how How C.D. actually adds sub-forums, not how it should work, according to your thinking. Again, asked the moderators, I've talking directly with them on here many years ago.

I've even explained in detail now and before, that after Tyler received a sub-forum, with NO requests for a sub-forum, I too, was surprised Lubbuck and Tyler were added, that the actual number of posts reduced, BECAUSE of the creation of a Sub-Forum, NOT increase in activity as you think it would do or happen. Again, you think, so you're right, with no proof to back up what you THINK. The reasons posts, responses, decreased when Tyler received a sub-forum makes since, and actually happened, surprising to me, again, but if you think about "why is that" which you should do, the answer is because the topic has already been clearly discussed in the sub-forum not buried in the general section several pages back, not on the first page of the general section, because the topic was easy to see and find, IN THE SUB-FORUM.

As you have stated, this is really not important, this conversation we have been having is really stupid on both of our parts. I continued more than I ever have with anyone, because I can't see why you reject what I'm saying, by my facts and first hand experience on this topic. At least, when others on media, have nothing to add, because they know they are wrong, they resort you being very nasty and call you names. So I'm sure you think you are correct, okay but thanks for not resorting to that behavior. You got more class than that.

I will try to let this rest, I've spent far more time, you succeeded in that, than I would ever have thought possible, some people will believe what they want to believe, some want to learn or at least accept the experience of another. Nothing here for me to gain by NOT telling you the truth on a simple, unimportant topic as this has been. Darn, look, I wrote a book on nothing, you win on that. lol

Old 07-16-2019, 02:11 PM

12 posts, read 9,457 times
New to this forum and I have read a lot of the posts about the LRGV. The haves and havenots are at it again. I have no stake in whether this area should have its own listing or not. I was born in the Valley and have fond memories. All the "snow birds" keep coming back to this area for a good reason. The cost of living is great, the fishing is better and the climate (if you like the bugs and heat) is tolerable. The border is only a skip and a jump away where you can visit whenever you want. Why am I not living there? you might ask, it's just too far away from any BIG city. I will be visiting the posts concerning the LRGV because "Life is too important to take seriously".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas