Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 12:28 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,076,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I see a lot of women.

"Free crap" ? Women are easily swayed by emotional pie in the sky BS ... exactly the empty message Beto was selling.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...dterms/575437/

Yeah, White women are swayed by Ted Cruz's pie in the sky, empty message seeing as he won their vote 59%-39%. It's almost like you guys struggle to not insult the other candidates constituents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 01:58 AM

2,026 posts, read 2,777,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
My husband and I have master’s degree as do most of our friends. We also pay more in taxes than we get in services. We and most of our friends voted for Beto. None of us are Hispanic either.
The whites who vote for leftists do it for virtue signalling, they want their sainthood to be reaffirmed, also they have no sense of danger.
The nonwhites who vote for leftists do it for the "gibs" (meaning free stuff, taken from white people).
I also have masters degree in engineering, as some of my friends, we never vote Democrat. Unfortunately I know more people who are educated but still vote democrat.

Old 11-15-2018, 06:35 AM

716 posts, read 539,890 times
again you are wrong - the part of texas i live in will be red for a long long time- big city leftist may someday out number the rural voters and there might be a leftist governor or senator -but where i live - the people the neighbors i am friends left will always be conservative and thats more important - as you see the feds really dont have that much effect on our daily lives except for the taxes and fee the steal -

in addition the politics is not the only reason people move here but i guess you doing want to recognize that fact too -

so easy to get liefest riled up

Old 11-15-2018, 06:40 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Would be interesting to see this broken down by race. I'm guessing it is the "Hispanics" that tip the edge to Beto. So much for Republicans trying to appeal to them. They will never vote Republican at a rate higher than 30-40% it seems.

There was a breakdown by race and gender in that linked poll. The races/ethnicities focused upon were White, Black, and Latino. There was a 6% other, which would probably be mostly Asian. That 6% other voted for Cruz 54-46% over O'Rourke. One of the things that Republicans need to do is to do better with Asian Americans, so seeing that is a good sign, at least locally.

Quote:
I see a lot of women.

"Free crap" ? Women are easily swayed by emotional pie in the sky BS ... exactly the empty message Beto was selling.

Women are natural liberals more so than men.

Old 11-15-2018, 07:27 AM

502 posts, read 392,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
The whites who vote for leftists do it for virtue signalling, they want their sainthood to be reaffirmed, also they have no sense of danger.
The nonwhites who vote for leftists do it for the "gibs" (meaning free stuff, taken from white people).
I also have masters degree in engineering, as some of my friends, we never vote Democrat. Unfortunately I know more people who are educated but still vote democrat.
Pretty shallow worldview...

Old 11-15-2018, 08:00 AM

2,132 posts, read 2,227,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
Is this why so many more people voted D in 2018 than in 2016? Where do I get my gibs?

Old 11-15-2018, 08:00 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post
What bothered me about 'Beto' was the fact he was running on his nick name. What candidate does that? Can you name one? I can't. So off the bat he's misrepresenting himself. He doesn't have a drop of Hispanic blood. If he was put in office do you think he'd be called 'Beto'? I don't. I bet he'd start morphing into Robert.

What's suprising is how well he did. Must be nice to have out of state money supporting your campaign. Texting. I know we were called by his campaign. I laughed.

He's already in office, in the House, not the Senate, has been representing Texas there since 2012, and he's going by Beto, which he's gone by his entire life.

The whole stupid name thing was BADLY miscalculated by Rafael Cruz and his supporters. If Beto is trying to sound Hispanic (and planned on running for office and trying to appear Hispanic from babyhood, apparently, the same kind of insane thinking that went on about President Obama's birth - conspiracy theory 101) by using the nickname he's carried since birth, couldn't Rafael Edward Cruz be accused of trying to appear White by doing the same? Like I said, not thought through.

Again, this is Texas. When I say Willie, if you're a Texan, you immediately know who I'm referencing. Likewise Stevie. It's a Texas thing.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:11 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Quote:
I see a lot of women.

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS WOMEN.

You just outed yourself as not breeding stock.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:12 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,008,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River City Rocky View Post
He's supposed to be Hispanic but he really isn't. It's like those not- Mexican Mexican people that you can tell just want to open up a zipper from their head and have a white guy pop out saying "hey guys."

Whether you like it or not being able to speak Spanish will appeal to some voters.
Ted Cruz is hispanic. No supposed to be about it. Anybody who has ancestry from Spain or any Latin American country is "hispanic". I find it pretty stupid, but you can't say he is pretending. It is literally the definition of hispanic.

Or do you mean Beto is supposed to be hispanic but he isn;t?

Old 11-15-2018, 08:16 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,008,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WastedLines View Post
They don’t get that far. They’re given the option of vote red or blue and trained by the utter ****ing morons above this post to think that’s how life works.

Straight ticket voting is honestly the one thing that has truly ruined this country. Freaking Nevada elected a dead man because so many people were so stupid they just voted straight ticket.
Straight ticket voting just makes sense. The parties are so far apart. If you aren't a straight ticket voter, I assume you are either a centrist or you just don't have views that are concrete in any way. How anybody could possibly vote for Beto while claiming to be a conservative or Cruz while claiming to be a progressive is beyond me. They are phonies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas