Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 06:39 PM

91 posts, read 476,186 times

Advertisements

Trying to get an idea of what it costs to rent a small dumpster. Largest items will probably be a couch, 3x6 wood table, washing machine and two lawn mowers. There will also be other various smaller items too like busted toys, old pots/pans, worn out shoes, etc. I know a lot of this stuff i can probably donate or drop off somewhere, but i'm trying to save me the aggravation of separating, loading up my small truck, making multiple trips or waiting on people to come pick up certain items. I'd rather just dump it all at once. I'm in San Antonio area if that makes a difference. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 08:08 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,050,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnSouthTX210 View Post
Trying to get an idea of what it costs to rent a small dumpster. Largest items will probably be a couch, 3x6 wood table, washing machine and two lawn mowers. There will also be other various smaller items too like busted toys, old pots/pans, worn out shoes, etc. I know a lot of this stuff i can probably donate or drop off somewhere, but i'm trying to save me the aggravation of separating, loading up my small truck, making multiple trips or waiting on people to come pick up certain items. I'd rather just dump it all at once. I'm in San Antonio area if that makes a difference. Thanks.
If you jump on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace and list all of the metal stuff for free/scrap you'll have a list of people waiting to pick it all up without question or effort. Put the mowers and that stuff at the curb, it'll be gone quick. I'd look into the Waste Management Bagster for anything that isn't metal, it's a ton cheaper than renting a real dumpster and perfect for what you're describing. You can buy them at HD or Lowes and then schedule them to pick it up.

Residential Bagster Bag | Waste Management

Old 06-15-2019, 11:01 PM

694 posts, read 642,805 times
Well done TheMoreYouKnow

Old 06-19-2019, 11:07 PM

738 posts, read 767,609 times
prob about 200-400 depending on size. Call around for rates. ask for a roll off with a door or the couch will be a pain to get in it. fill it, call em, they'll pick it up and dump it for you. I know Corpus has a city service where they'll drop one for a neighborhood for free for a week but it can take a bit of time to get it placed, don't know if san antonio does it. Call solid waste to ask.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:36 PM

91 posts, read 476,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
If you jump on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace and list all of the metal stuff for free/scrap you'll have a list of people waiting to pick it all up without question or effort. Put the mowers and that stuff at the curb, it'll be gone quick. I'd look into the Waste Management Bagster for anything that isn't metal, it's a ton cheaper than renting a real dumpster and perfect for what you're describing. You can buy them at HD or Lowes and then schedule them to pick it up.

Residential Bagster Bag | Waste Management

I'm done with my move out and basically wanted to update what happen.

I lived in a gated community so leaving a bunch of junk at the curb was not ideal. I've left things at the curb before and people come and pick it over and just leave a mess for me to deal with over and over again until the HOA sends a notice. I looked into different dumpster rentals and junk services and all of them had certain restrictions that made it pointless. The WM Bagster looked promising, but it too had a list of restrictions that made the less expensive fee they were charging not even worth it. I'm sure there are junk services that would take everything, but I just couldn't find it during the time period I had to move out.

What I ended up doing was taking a lot of the bulky stuff to the city recycling center and dumped it for free. It took me about 10 trips, but I got it done. Next time I'll probably rent a small open hitch trailer. (what am I saying? hopefully there won't be a next time) Actually still have the washer/dryer and 2 lawn mowers I'm dumping tomorrow. A lot of the smaller stuff I just put it in storage with the rest of my stuff and will be tossing out a box or two on a weekly basis which i should have been doing every month in the past. God I hate moving. Lesson learned - stop holding on to junk if I'm not going to use it in a reasonable amount of time.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: