Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 11:44 AM

57 posts, read 38,947 times

Advertisements

IF Texas no longer is the place to be with experts antagonizing predicting it will fall by the wayside as California is now in the process of doing, as the city of Chicago is now falling in status with its once designation of being a fabulous retail center, and the northeast further corrupting into a money pit of higher and higher taxes, where is the next place of opportunity to go? Oklahoma? Perhaps Peru? The moon?
I just can't imagine living anywhere outside the world that is Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2020, 12:23 PM

8,353 posts, read 5,510,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Toe View Post
IF Texas no longer is the place to be with experts antagonizing predicting it will fall by the wayside as California is now in the process of doing, as the city of Chicago is now falling in status with its once designation of being a fabulous retail center, and the northeast further corrupting into a money pit of higher and higher taxes, where is the next place of opportunity to go? Oklahoma? Perhaps Peru? The moon?
What are you complaining about? Nobody thinks Texas will be as liberal as California, just that it will inch to the left (to a point) over time. If youre that intolerant of being around people who are liberal, go live in the Panhandle or East Texas. There arent many of us there. We congregate mainly in the cities and suburbs.

Old 10-29-2020, 12:37 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,009,949 times
Oklahoma, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana

Old 10-29-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
What are you complaining about? Nobody thinks Texas will be as liberal as California, just that it will inch to the left (to a point) over time. If youre that intolerant of being around people who are liberal, go live in the Panhandle or East Texas. There arent many of us there. We congregate mainly in the cities and suburbs.
Complaining? I hope I'm dead before Texas falls by the way as a distant memory of the great state we have become. But we shouldn't be concerned for our own sake, but posterity. Right? The wretches that approached Jesus were different in that way. They weren't concerned about just their own salvation, but their offspring, their families, and their friends. And I am not a conservative. I do express protestant views which trend towards the normal. I was a card carrying communist at the age of thirteen. I'm not naive even though I don't think anyone that us a human animal will ever understand such a theory. My family demonstrated incredible patience until I worked it all out. I try to do the same.

Old 10-29-2020, 01:09 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,332,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Toe View Post
I'm sorry, could you try that again?

What are "experts antagonizing predicting"?

Old 10-29-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Oklahoma, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana
Thank you. Oklahoma is a great state indeed. I've always considered it a part of Texas as a matter of manifest destiny. Much like Mexico. It's okay as it sits now. One day the state of Texas will fund an exploration into those surrounding wildernesses. More Sooners!

Old 10-29-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
I'm sorry, could you try that again?

What are "experts antagonizing predicting"?
It is okay to conjugate in such a fashion. Good eye! You identified my poor attempt at wit. Some of us have an over abundance of pride for this region called Texas. It hurts and we find it antagonizing thinking that the place will one day become just regular normal chopped liver like New York City.

Old 10-29-2020, 01:21 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,487,156 times
Depends on you-age,finance,health and are you retired?
Mexico,El Salvador,Costa Rica,Panama,Malaysia,Ireland,
Cuba would be interesting,enjoy local cuisine,music and cheap living

Old 10-29-2020, 01:26 PM

19,804 posts, read 18,099,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
CA was the same 35/40 years ago. I do not believe TX will fall into the hard left spin cycle like CA for many years if at all but it is a risk down range.

Old 10-29-2020, 01:41 PM

8,353 posts, read 5,510,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
CA was the same 35/40 years ago. I do not believe TX will fall into the hard left spin cycle like CA for many years if at all but it is a risk down range.
I dont think so either. Ive been using Minnesota or Wisconsin as where Texas might fall on the spectrum in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: