Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 08:04 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,644,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
Please. Do you want to pay $4000 a month to winterize the power grid for a disaster that happens once every 50 years. I thought not. As I said in another thread, I have solar panels, a gasoline run home electric generator, a freeze proof 3000 gallon water cistern, and a propane tank full of propane in my shed. You do the same.

And still, several white tail dear and other smaller animals froze to death on my property. Weather happens.
And you got the number from where? Out your ass? Look realistically not everybody in Texas can afford generators/solar panels and a propane tank in their shed. Not everybody owns a home to even purchase a $5,000 plus survival kit. Should people be more prepared? SURE, I fared pretty good during this winter storm. But can the state change some things so we don't have a total sh*tshow when a natural disaster happens? YES and if it cost Texans more than so be it. If you don't like it, move out the state. It's that simple. If you can afford all of those things than paying a little more to prevent a colossal avoidable sh*t show should be nothing.

I mean, according to the CEO of Accuweather the total economic impact from the damages mostly in Texas and other parts of the country could total up to 50 billion dollars. That aint just the result of weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2021, 10:53 AM

2,089 posts, read 3,914,499 times
The power grid owes you nothing.

Old 02-22-2021, 12:24 PM

9,963 posts, read 6,674,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Find the article and post it. Frankly, I don’t believe you.

I live in Willowbend and have seen first hand the progress since Harvey.
Those homes don't count on his book because they were funded by the "far left" so it doesn't count.

Old 02-22-2021, 02:06 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,943,283 times
Purple is fine... and anyone arguing that it NEEDS to be one-sided needs to grow up.

Old 02-22-2021, 02:20 PM

5,268 posts, read 6,427,333 times
Quote:

Doesn't the power grid owe us power, since we pay for that, and our electricity rates are basically average across the US?

Old 02-22-2021, 02:42 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,644,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
Doesn't the power grid owe us power, since we pay for that, and our electricity rates are basically average across the US?
Exactly, why else would I pay for electricity? Lol

Old 02-22-2021, 02:44 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,734,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
Doesn't the power grid owe us power, since we pay for that...
This was my thought as well after seeing that post.

Old 02-22-2021, 03:44 PM

2 posts, read 3,279 times
I would suggest a very light purple if that's to be. Just getting ready to move from the blue of California where our beloved (sic) Democrat party has created a true mess. Feces on the streets, homeless encampments under most overpasses and along railroad tracks with the blue politicians screaming its a housing problem, when clearly its a drug problem. Want great infrastructure and you think blue is the way...come drive on some of the crappiest roads in America, where the state hasn't built any new water storage facilities since 1971 and then the politicians blame the lack of water on climate change. What about the 17 trillion gallons of rain water that ran thru the state last season? Don't buy the bs "turn it blue" Texans wil regret it. The best government is the least amount of it.

Old 04-11-2021, 07:07 PM

2,445 posts, read 1,073,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Yes. Absolutely yes.

I dont want California but what weve been doing obviously didnt work. We need to get to the point where we dont elect huge morons (Patrick or Perry), crooks (Paxton), and scumbags (Cruz) just because they have an R next to their name.

I dont take issue with people like Abbott, Cornyn, or Dan Crenshaw, but the requirements to win a state wide office are zero if youre a Republican. That has to change.
No hell no

Old 04-11-2021, 07:23 PM

11,860 posts, read 8,089,564 times
I'm all for purple, both blue and red have serious issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo1957 View Post
...Did your house get below 40*F?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas