Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:47 AM

31 posts, read 128,468 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me some information Harlingen Texas as far a safety, work, living conditions. Looking at Mobile home or RV park living year round renting a unit furinished. The warm weather is a plus for me as the cold weather is hurting me too bad and it seems there is warm weather there year round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 05:52 AM

11 posts, read 34,387 times
I also need information concerning Harlingen...did I say I need inputs rather quickly. Yes, my wife and I are trying to decide whether she will take a job down there. Some things we would like to know:
1. good schools for school year 1st, 3rd, and 7th graders
2. where is a nice 4 bedroom house/ apartment/ condo rental or if have to buy
3. thoughts on these colleges TSTC, UTPA, UTB
4. good charismatic/pentacostal church
5. and any other useful information

Old 03-19-2008, 04:53 PM

22 posts, read 69,774 times
Default Harlingen is ok nut boring, just like the valley that i live in

Harlingen is a nice, clean place to live in, but unlike big cities, the fun oppurtunities in the Valley are low.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:54 PM

22 posts, read 69,774 times
Default Utb!

Go to UTB. UTB rocks!

Old 03-19-2008, 05:05 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,764,496 times
King, you should be able to find plenty of mobile home/rv type of parks as this is the type of places that the winter Texans enjoy. Sorry I can't name any specific places as I can't recall them. Hopefully someone else will be able to. Where are you moving from?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:11 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,764,496 times
Evan, you need to visit first and see what you think. Harlingen is a nice city, and for schools you might want to look to live in the Treasure Hills area or in Palm Valley where the country club is. Harlingen does not have much to do in comparison if you are moving from a bigger city.

Here is a link to the Harlingen newspaper: Valley Morning Star

Old 03-21-2008, 11:14 AM

31 posts, read 128,468 times
Spree I'm moving fron Massillon, Ohio where rain and snow takes up most of the fall, winter and spring. I want to be where there is warm weather most of the time and fishing and hunting, also walking on the beach with shopping in Mexico and Texas. I want to see the History and beauty of Texas first hand and meet the people. I want to live in a State that beleives in God and protects its citizens from crime with the death sentence when called for.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:36 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king3933 View Post
Spree I'm moving fron Massillon, Ohio where rain and snow takes up most of the fall, winter and spring. I want to be where there is warm weather most of the time and fishing and hunting, also walking on the beach with shopping in Mexico and Texas. I want to see the History and beauty of Texas first hand and meet the people. I want to live in a State that beleives in God and protects its citizens from crime with the death sentence when called for.
How do you handle high humidity? Warm weather is one thing but the humidity down there caused my joints to swell and made it hard to breathe. I moved to West Texas and am doing better.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:16 PM

304 posts, read 1,127,564 times
My wife suffered joint pain for the last 20 years in MN. We visited Corpus for 2 weeks in March, May, July and October and have lived in Corpus since Jan 1st. On the 2 week visits and the 3 months living in CC, she experienced/experiences no joint pain what so ever. You want humidity and labored breathing, visit or live in Minnesota during the months of June thru August. Other very uncomfortable and humid cities are Toronto and St. Louis, MO. Humidity is not the culprit, it is the dewpoints.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:21 PM

304 posts, read 1,127,564 times
I should have explained that in our many visits we were deciding whether to move to Harlingen or Corpus Christi. Harlingen did not have much in the way of employment and home prices were the same as in Corpus. We liked being 5 minutes from the ocean rather than being 25 minutes to the ocean as it is in Harlingen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas