Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:30 PM

925 posts, read 1,227,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
You are the one that is the hillbilly, and you write like one, too. Your post is rampant with misspellings, run-on sentences, and NO organization of thought whatsoever. Never mind the punctuation errors on top of that, LOL!!! Your own ignorance is showing so well that I hardly need to point it out, except to you. You can't even spell the name of the city that your family is supposedly from....Monterrey, not Monterry.

Clean up your own act before you start criticizing West Texans. You don't even know the difference between your and you're....since you obviously cannot use either correctly.
Please ignore this guy. He posts under the name Paul in another forum and his posts are just as bad. Nothing in the world will get him to change that, not even constant criticism. Also, do not get into an argument with him. Even though he's wrong 98% of the time, he will never give in and just quit posting ill-structured post after ill-structured post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 11:33 AM

2,744 posts, read 6,111,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
First off, I'd venture to bet that every "person" in this thread who is saying there are parts of South Texas that are like Mexico have never even been to Mexico. To translate what they're saying: "There's a lot of brown people there ya'll." Yes, a lot of South Texas (Draw a line from Laredo to Corpus Christi and you have South Texas) has a major influence of Mexican culture but it isn't Mexico 2.0, anyone who says that is basically a borderline line bigot/racist. It'd be just as bad as saying New Orleans is "just like Africa."

In terms of West versus South, it's up to what you like and dislike as both places offer different things and well as the same things. My opinion, just look up a specific area you are considering and look up the crime and school data.

Oops, I overlooked this. I do agree with you, and you pretty much hit it right on the nail. I thought you were this one forumer that attacks almost every freaking comment I post. I sometimes think it is a bitter former friend of mine, that frequents this forum. Sorry for jumping the gun.

Old 12-16-2007, 03:39 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Please ignore this guy. He posts under the name Paul in another forum and his posts are just as bad. Nothing in the world will get him to change that, not even constant criticism. Also, do not get into an argument with him. Even though he's wrong 98% of the time, he will never give in and just quit posting ill-structured post after ill-structured post.
His reply to me proves his ignorance even more.....LOL!!!!

Oh well....whatever!!!

Old 12-16-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
His reply to me proves his ignorance even more.....LOL!!!!

Oh well....whatever!!!
How am I ignorant? Did you determine this by a couple of typos?

If ignorance is determined by puncuation, your'e ignorant as well, lol. The correct puncuation should only have one exclamation point. Oh my, you just broke the puncuation code on this forum.

Anyhow, the racist views of the mentioned forumer, which you don't seem to acknowledge as ignorant. Pretty much puts you on the same level.

Last edited by SweethomeSanAntonio; 12-16-2007 at 05:52 PM..

Old 12-16-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
How am I ignorant? Did you determine this by a couple of typos?

If ignorance is determined by puncuation, your'e ignorant as well, lol. The correct puncuation should only have one exclamation point. Oh my, you just broke the puncuation code on this forum.

Anyhow, the racist views of the mentioned forumer, which you don't seem to acknowledge as ignorant. Pretty much puts you on the same level.
To begin with, her posts were not racist. The fact that she was not comfortable with the prevailing culture of South Texas (which I know as well, having lived there for a summer, and having grown up less than 100 miles from the US-Mexico border in West Texas) does not make her a racist. She didn't like it, so she decided to move elsewhere.

As far as racism goes, it works both ways. It it generally assumed that only whites can be racist, but that is not true at all. Other ethnicities/races can be racist toward whites as well. If you don't realize that, you are ignorant yourself.

Now, to address your previous post....

If ignorance is determined by puncuation, your'e ignorant as well, lol. The correct puncuation should only have one exclamation point. Oh my, you just broke the puncuation code on this forum....

That would be PUNCTUATION, not puncuation. The red underlines indicate that it is a misspelling. And, once again, it is YOU'RE, not your'e.....

I can go back to your previous post to me, and point out all of the errors, but it would be largely a waste of time with you.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:29 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
Cathy4017: Some people have no ability to use the English language. This character is obviously one of them. You're right; it wouldn't do any good to proofread his earlier post.

Regarding the topic, I can't help but ask, "What about Southwest Texas?" The climatic and geographical regions gradually merge into one another; it isn't as though there is a definite border line between them. South Texas is generally more humid (with more rainfall, natch) than West Texas and has less severe winters. The farther from the Gulf, the drier.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Cathy4017: Some people have no ability to use the English language. This character is obviously one of them. You're right; it wouldn't do any good to proofread his earlier post.

Regarding the topic, I can't help but ask, "What about Southwest Texas?" The climatic and geographical regions gradually merge into one another; it isn't as though there is a definite border line between them. South Texas is generally more humid (with more rainfall, natch) than West Texas and has less severe winters. The farther from the Gulf, the drier.
You're right, Catman...I agree.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
To begin with, her posts were not racist. The fact that she was not comfortable with the prevailing culture of South Texas (which I know as well, having lived there for a summer, and having grown up less than 100 miles from the US-Mexico border in West Texas) does not make her a racist. She didn't like it, so she decided to move elsewhere.

As far as racism goes, it works both ways. It it generally assumed that only whites can be racist, but that is not true at all. Other ethnicities/races can be racist toward whites as well. If you don't realize that, you are ignorant yourself.

Now, to address your previous post....

If ignorance is determined by puncuation, your'e ignorant as well, lol. The correct puncuation should only have one exclamation point. Oh my, you just broke the puncuation code on this forum....

That would be PUNCTUATION, not puncuation. The red underlines indicate that it is a misspelling. And, once again, it is YOU'RE, not your'e.....

I can go back to your previous post to me, and point out all of the errors, but it would be largely a waste of time with you.
I already admited that I made a couple of mistakes. The focus was changed from, Racial overtones, imo, too my punctuation errors. Ignorant, is a little harsh of a word too define a couple of my mistakes. Ignorance is an appropriate word for racial overtones. She decribed South Texas as Mexico, and to avoid it all costs. Unless your a Mexican. A little racist in my eyes. This is was what I based my reply on. Not the fact their could be racist hispanics, mexicans,etc. I'm sure there is, racism is everywhere. She pretty much protrayed herself as a racist, imo.

Btw, I think a run on sentences, is not a complete sentece if punctuation or conjuctions are not used. A properly punctuated sentence can be correctly extended almost indefinitely.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:16 PM

79 posts, read 394,761 times
Ahh South Texas bashing, glad to see it's alive and well. Actually South Texas and West Texas are not that terribly different from a cultural perspective (when I say West Texas I mean real West Texas as in Big Bend and El Paso, not places that more accurately belong in Central Texas). Southwest Texas, hmm, where would that be? Maybe the Carrizo Springs-Eagle Pass area? Personally I love this area of the state, one of the most if not THE most unique part of the United States. I can see why Belle never felt at home here, it is definitely an acquired taste but most people I know who live here like it a lot. But that's because they intentionally moved here and like the area for what it is.

By the way there were a few inaccuracies made about the climate of South Texas that are worth noting. There are few spring storms in the area, it's just too far south and spring is the driest of the 4 seasons. The wind in summer is also higher than most other regions. And most importantly, no part of South Texas experiences a summer monsoonal rainfall pattern.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:03 AM

362 posts, read 1,058,131 times
I vote for South Texas! West Texas is nothing but a bunch of hicks! Plus the cities are all podunk!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas