Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 09:01 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times

Advertisements

This isn't a recurring dream, but similar to what I sometimes have before some event. The dog went to the vet this am for dental work/teeth cleaning, and I had to have her there by 8:00am.

So I dreamed that I couldn't find her anywhere......and missed the appointment! I wandered the house and yard looking for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 10:10 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,610,755 times
There are some really interesting posts here. As Axtico indicated, it seems that almost everyone has had some variation of the "school dream."

One that really leapt out at me (as I thought it might be just me until reading here) was the one about a plane crashing.

Another is the "tornado dream" (maybe this one is only common to those of us who live in Tornado Alley, reckon? LOL). Anyway, this particular one is very "realistic", for lack of a better description.

Backtracking a bit, many of my dreams are "lucid"...that is, I KNOW I am dreaming and have some "control" over what happens.

Lucid dream - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These recurring dreams spoken of are often a notable exception. Sometime, as a few others have mentioned, toward the end of them, I realize I am dreaming. Like the school thing. Not always, but sometimes, it occurs to me that I have ALREADY graduated from high school and college and don't NEED to know what my class schedule is, or don't have to take the final exam! LOL

The tornado dream, though, is always one which is extremely deep and almost real (maybe it is because I used to do some "storm chasing"). As another poster mentioned, sometimes there are mulitiple tornadoes all around me.

The most vivid though are those where a huge tornado is approaching at night, and lightning flashes illuminate it. And the most noteable thing is the sound of it. I have never been "in a tornado", but many friends and immediate family have, and the constant they describe in relating their experience is the absolutely ungodly roar of those things.

As a "Civil War" and Southern history buff, I am familiar with that in the memoirs of many Union soldiers, they describe that "Rebel Yell" as "There is nothing like it this side of Hell."

That is as close as I can come to describing what many tornado survivors say one sounds like when it is immediately approaching. If it is anything like what they sound like in my dreams (since as I say, I have never experienced a direct hit), then I can almost imagine. Truly scary!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:59 AM

398 posts, read 1,417,123 times
skipped over the entire thread so i don't know if it's been mentioned....

if ya'll are interested in dreams, you should watch Waking Life.

pretty fun movie.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:27 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
My most common dream is receiving some perception to go there (???). I go to the designated place, get on an elevator and it goes up. I'm usually alone though I may have been not alone on one occasion.

The elevator is blue, as a halogen light glow. The walls aren't solid, just light, sort of grainy, streaked. No controls, no muzak. Seems only once the elevator has reached the destination and I've been able to exit.... was like a doc's office, a wall with a sliding window, like the elevator walls... I could go in.

I look forward to its return to see where it goes, what it's about. The adventure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas