Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 06:20 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times

Advertisements

I thought Medina was the one they would rally behind Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com (http://www.statesman.com/news/content/region/legislature/stories/02/04/0204palin.html - broken link)

Palin's call for revolution rallies ‘tea party' | Politics | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 08:07 PM

I never knew Teabagging was used as a sexual term lol now let's not hijack the thread

Old 02-07-2010, 08:10 PM

457 posts, read 905,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
I never knew Teabagging was used as a sexual term lol
The liberal media uses the term to mock the Tea Party movement.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:45 PM

457 posts, read 905,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
It seems that we have a few experts on teabagging....now let's try to stay on topic re; Palin's endorsement
OK, I'm a conservative and a Tea Party member. I don't like Rick Perry, and I think Palin is a joke.

Rick Perry seems like a used-car salesman who will say anything to get elected.

Palin thinks she is more qualified to be Pres than Obama? I get that she thinks having a couple of years executive experience is > than Obama's legislative experience. However, as much as I disagree with Obama, I think he is a very intelligent man who has given a great deal of thought to the many topics challenging the US. IMHO, Palin never gave any topic that existed outside Alaska a second thought her entire life. She reminds me of one of those people who never reads the newspaper and spends their entire life wrapped up in their own little world. What McCain saw in her mystifies me.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascaper View Post
OK, I'm a conservative and a Tea Party member. I don't like Rick Perry, and I think Palin is a joke.

Rick Perry seems like a used-car salesman who will say anything to get elected.

Palin thinks she is more qualified to be Pres than Obama? I get that she thinks having a couple of years executive experience is > than Obama's legislative experience. However, as much as I disagree with Obama, I think he is a very intelligent man who has given a great deal of thought to the many topics challenging the US. IMHO, Palin never gave any topic that existed outside Alaska a second thought her entire life. She reminds me of one of those people who never reads the newspaper and spends their entire life wrapped up in their own little world. What McCain saw in her mystifies me.
Very good take, pretty much online with my views(except I like to think of myself as a IND.)

Old 02-07-2010, 09:11 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
I'm not thrilled about it.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:31 PM

423 posts, read 824,142 times
Quote:
IMHO, Palin never gave any topic that existed outside Alaska a second thought her entire life. She reminds me of one of those people who never reads the newspaper and spends their entire life wrapped up in their own little world.
Couldn't have said it better!
I'm not surprised at all that she's endorsing that douchebag Perry.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:51 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
The liberal media uses the term to mock the Tea Party movement.
A lot more people than the liberal media use that term to mock the movement. There are plenty of conservatives who believe the tea party is detrimental to the future of the Republican party. Furthermore, many Republicans worry that the tea party could split the electorate come 2012. This would work to Obama's advantage. Think Perot.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:21 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Don't be deceived by the Rick Perry/Kay Bailey thing. The both come out of the same Neo-Con wing of the Republican Party, both are beholden to the Bush faction for where they are now, and both have endorsements from prominent party insiders.

The "contest" between them is a Potemkin Village designed to fool you into thinking there's a difference between them when, in fact, there is not. Whatever you get from one in the Governor's mansion, you'll get from the other as well.

Ever notice how their ads focus on each other exclusively, without any references to anyone else running against them? That's deliberately done to convince you that they are the only viable alternatives.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:29 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
Yeah, this year I'm not gonna play the lesser of two evils game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: