Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 11:05 PM

3 posts, read 36,061 times

Advertisements

i am from vancouver so those skylines all look pathetic

Old 05-20-2010, 09:56 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chayf View Post
1. We know what Vancouver's skyline looks like. It's great, but we're not talking about Vancouver. Go to Canada's threads.

2. We're not just talking about the skylines here.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:30 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chayf View Post
Not impressive; Vancouver has some of the worst architecture ever and this is a Texas thread; not Canada. Move along.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:04 AM

142 posts, read 339,090 times
With reference to Ft Worth, I demur. It actually has a growing and vibrant center, more interesting than Dallas and certainly more interesting after hours than either Dallas or Houston, but not San Antonio or Austin - yet. The possible fly in the ointment here is that Ft Worth is a bit dependent on the largesse of one family - the Basses, although I wish San Antonio had such an involved family to help push things along. We have to make do with hundreds if not thousands of smaller contributors, which is not a bad thing.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:51 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal744 View Post
With reference to Ft Worth, I demur. It actually has a growing and vibrant center, more interesting than Dallas and certainly more interesting after hours than either Dallas or Houston, but not San Antonio or Austin - yet. The possible fly in the ointment here is that Ft Worth is a bit dependent on the largesse of one family - the Basses, although I wish San Antonio had such an involved family to help push things along. We have to make do with hundreds if not thousands of smaller contributors, which is not a bad thing.
If its not better than dt Austin(which is highly overrated imo) Than its not better than DTD...Ft.Worth,Austin and San antonio are all nice cities in their own right...But they are all overrated...its all hype....I cant think of anything SPECTACULAR about 6th street Austin or the riverwalk or Sundance square.....But I guess since there's hardly anything else going on in those cities all of the locals and tourist seem to overrate wat little thats there...Houston and Dallas have the REAL Downtowns with the REAL potential.......of course all of the smaller cities will run away with the claim of having a better ANYTHING over the big boys so maybe thats the other reason for all of the myths and overrating that been going on......Get Real people......Dallas and Houston shouldn't even be compared to the other three...Just MY OPINION

Old 05-27-2010, 02:12 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
No, even in Dallas & on Dallas radio they revere DT Fort Worth. Its a much better place to hang out than DT Dallas or Austin or Houston. There is more going on, and its more pedestrian friendly. San Antonio has a lot of cool spots and the riverwalk as a feature and tourist attraction trumps them all. DT Dallas and Houston have the highrises, but the other three have far more character and are better to hang out in.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
No, even in Dallas & on Dallas radio they revere DT Fort Worth. Its a much better place to hang out than DT Dallas or Austin or Houston. There is more going on, and its more pedestrian friendly. San Antonio has a lot of cool spots and the riverwalk as a feature and tourist attraction trumps them all. DT Dallas and Houston have the highrises, but the other three have far more character and are better to hang out in.
First of all...who is "THEY"...and when has someone's opinion ever been able to speak for everyone....but im not about to go down this road again......geeez.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:30 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
First of all...who is "THEY"...and when has someone's opinion ever been able to speak for everyone....but im not about to go down this road again......geeez.
There have been articles rating Fort Worth's downtown as most lively downtown in Texas. It's interchangeable with San Antonio's in some years.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:44 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
^^you are right, its common knowledge....
FW has come along way in a relatively short period of time.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
^^you are right, its common knowledge....
FW has come along way in a relatively short period of time.
Common amongst who....Ft.Worthians?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas