Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 06:45 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,928,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvegasfanforever View Post
iam not a troll i lived in toledo all my life thank you very much how long have you lived here
Odd, seeing as you seem to know nothing about the city.

If you've lived in Toledo all of your life than you haven't lived anywhere else so you have nothing to compare it to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 06:49 PM

151 posts, read 414,131 times
It's NOT all bad, but the proportion I would call bad is greater than 1/4. The local economy has hit a lot of once-prosperous parts of Toledo hard. Sylvania & Jackman area has slipped pretty badly in the past few years, to name one. Two new areas of decay have popped up by the old Southwyck and Northtowne malls. This in addition to the parts of Toledo that have been bad for a long time, the north end, downtown, the central Toledo ghetto between UT and downtown, the old south end out to Byrne Rd., and quite a bit of the east side. That's a pretty big chunk of the city when you add it all together.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:00 PM

374 posts, read 1,124,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleeTheRustBelt View Post
It's NOT all bad, but the proportion I would call bad is greater than 1/4. The local economy has hit a lot of once-prosperous parts of Toledo hard. Sylvania & Jackman area has slipped pretty badly in the past few years, to name one. Two new areas of decay have popped up by the old Southwyck and Northtowne malls. This in addition to the parts of Toledo that have been bad for a long time, the north end, downtown, the central Toledo ghetto between UT and downtown, the old south end out to Byrne Rd., and quite a bit of the east side. That's a pretty big chunk of the city when you add it all together.
I agree, its been on the constant decline around here lately, I have to say its definitely more than 1/4 of the city now than before. I remember in the beginning of this decade before I left town when I saw Toledo in the newspaper being compared to the other major cities in the state of Ohio and out of all the major cities in this state including Columbus, Toledo had the lowest unemployment rate of all major Ohio cities and the lowest crime rate. Everyone I knew was working somewhere. Times have changes since 2000 and 2001.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,906 times
is Frankies on 308 Main Street in a bad area?im considering seeing a concert there on friday, please let me know asap!!!

Old 05-17-2010, 07:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,903 times
actually Frankies is in a pretty nice area, surprisingly..

actually i take that back. its not a NICE area, but it is safe if thats what you are asking.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:57 PM

151 posts, read 414,131 times
I wouldn't want to live in the area where Frankie's is, but it's fine to go there for a show. Park on Main St. if you can.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:14 PM

2 posts, read 6,500 times
Come on down and visit the Cherry Street Mission some time. Free meals and showers then jump in bed with 140 men, jammed into such a small space that everyone's sick.

Just don't make a donation.

Cause they don't know how to manage there money. They spend it very foolishly. They just ask for it so the people that run the place can live lavish life styles.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,399 times
I live in Sylvania and my mom used to work over there at cherry and bancroft and i personally didn't think its that bad.. there is a few bad streets over that way but that is probably one of the safer parts of toledo besides the west side..... you were in the old west end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1979 View Post
Yeah, I couldn't envision myself taking a drive around Bancroft & Cherry that time of night either. I just usually avoid the section of Toledo that encompasses Detroit, Dorr, Nebraska and the West wall of I-75. Parts of Collingwood Blvd. can get sketchy at night too. I just have no need to be there at that time.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 5,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
Please, just quit already.

You've already been exposed as a troll, you have all of 8 posts and every one of them is completely exaggerating about the bad in Toledo and bashing it. You said "Toledo is all bad". You have no clue what you're talking about and you speak as if you live in these bad areas, you live in the 43613 area code, that's far from a bad area.
I grew up in Toledo, and I KNOW how bad it has gotten since the 70's!! Used to be fairly safe, but NOW, MY GOSH!! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, unless of course they would LIKE to have their car broken into 5 times in one year!! This is exactly what happened, and that was when I LIVED in 43613(supposably the better area!) MOST of Toledo has become ghetto in the last 30 years! Toledo blows away the national crime average in Theft,Burglary,and Assalt each year! Maybe you should convince a senior that she would be safe here, when the truth is Toledo is TOP 10 on the most undesirable citys in the USA. FORBES Magazine quoted this year! Personally, I can't wait to get the heck out of Toledo!!

Old 09-20-2011, 09:10 PM

11 posts, read 44,313 times
Naw, The Worst Places In Ohio By Far Are, Cleveland, Natti, Dayton, And Toledo,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo