Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 04:43 PM

2 posts, read 6,131 times

Advertisements

RichiRich,
Check out the Center for commuter & Off Campus Housing web site. It will give a extensive list of places for rent. I am a local Realtor and I have been a landlord dealing with students for about 5 years now. Toledo is a great place to live.

http://commuter.utoledo.edu/ocl/ocl.html

Rick Turner

Last edited by Yac; 03-20-2007 at 04:31 AM.. Reason: Realtor advertising not allowed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 11:08 PM

3 posts, read 16,667 times
I can't imagine that Toledo would be scary to someone moving from Chicago. We may be less sophisticated and backward, but not what I would classify as scary.

Honestly, you can find a really decent apartment for not a lot of money, Toledo is a very cheap place to live. If you don't see anything you like in the area immediately around the University, try looking in South Toledo -- some very cheap 1BR's at Crossgate Manor that are very large for one person and well-maintained (my partner lived there for several years). There are also alot of duplex's and four-plex's that abut the Anthony Wayne Trail near Maumee (If you're driving south on the trial toward Maumee you'll see them on your right-hand side near Copeland, there's a golf course on the other side).

A word of advice when looking at prospective neighborhoods, don't look so much at how big the houses in the neighborhood are, but look at how well they are maintained. Toledo has alot of older neighborhoods, alot of working class neighborhoods, most of them are decent, safe neighborhoods. Don't let people convince you that the only safe areas are in the suburbs or the area immediately around the University.

Last edited by Yac; 03-20-2007 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: Realtor site link edited out.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 PM

3 posts, read 20,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richirich View Post
Hi
This is my first post...I will be joining UT and am in desparate serach of good 1-2 bedroom apartment.Can you guys please suggest some nice areas...I saw this forum and was kind of scared ..as I read mostly scary things abour toledo...is toledo really so scary..I will be moving from chicago so..I understand it's a small city..but isnt it safe atall??
how r westridge apartment and country clubs... plz help me in finalzing beacause most of the apartment ratings sites has bad reviews for rest of the apartments like deer run field..

I request to all u experienced people ...which is the safest area to stay near ut....
thanks
You should try south Toledo in the Byrne, Glendale and Heatherdown's area there are some nice apartments in the area with resonable rent and you would only be 10 minutes from UT, and it is a nicer and safe area of Toledo, Maumee is nice but the rent is higher because they have higher taxes. There are also some nice inexpensive apartments right off Kenwood between Toledo Hospital and Douglas within walking distance of UT.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,463 times
I would never live at country club apartments. Alot of crime there and it the manager tries to cover alot of it up.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:20 AM

3 posts, read 7,535 times
Hey folks,

Another chance came for a job in Toledo,OH. I think it is my destiny to move there. Now, I am a married man, wife and three teens(18-16-14). For me Toledo is almost perfect because it has UT right there. But what areas would be good to, first, a rental and second, to buy.

Looks like Perrysburg High School is pretty good. What other areas are goo. I am not looking for expensive areas but decent areas to live.

Thanks

Old 11-10-2007, 07:09 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,774,713 times
Waterville, Whitehouse, & Monclova are all nice small towns with Anthony Wayne as the high school - very good schools in that area. I grew up in Waterville in the 60's and 70's and continued to live in the area until the mid-80's. The Anthony Wayne school district is about 25 minutes from UT campus. Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne have always been good, quality schools.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:31 AM

3 posts, read 7,535 times
Thanks for the info.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:11 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,009,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms165202 View Post
Hey RichiRich.

The Cloisters- a little farther from UT, but a nice place
The Cloisters - Toledo, OH | Associated Estates Realty Corporation
I actually lived there for 4 years and don't recommend it. At first it was very nice, but it's gone downhill. We've had neighbors vandalize our door, kids from the complex throw food at people's doors, parking is a nightmare, noise is a huge problem (we were the only ones who didn't own a subwoofer) and later on we had a problem with racoons crawling into the roof.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:08 PM

758 posts, read 2,891,985 times
Lake of the woods is the best place i lived throughout my toledo career. Giant oak is a close second. Great location, nice, price is ok (cheap compared to anywhere other than toledo). Easy commute to campus without being in student housing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo