Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 04:25 AM

10 posts, read 13,728 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know convenient offers for a bundle like that? I'm looking for basic cable channels (news, maybe some documentaries and shows channels), unlimited internet and a phone line to call just arounnd ontario..

I don't want anything crazy expensive, so forget about Bell and Rogers please! lol

I'm just worried about the internet coverage but I live on Yonge and Eglinton so I suppose that I will be fine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 05:07 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aledima89 View Post
Does anyone know convenient offers for a bundle like that? I'm looking for basic cable channels (news, maybe some documentaries and shows channels), unlimited internet and a phone line to call just arounnd ontario..

I don't want anything crazy expensive, so forget about Bell and Rogers please! lol

I'm just worried about the internet coverage but I live on Yonge and Eglinton so I suppose that I will be fine!
I hear you about Rogers and Bell!!! I just have high speed unlimited internet and watch all my shows online.. Didn't really have much use for a landline since I have a mobile so thought what the heck am I paying 175 bucks a month for so ditched Bell Fibe a year ago and won't look back..

Anyway take a look at this.. Looks pretty competively priced and flexible.. I'm not vouching for this at all - just saw an ad about the service on the Subway and made a mental note..

VMedia: Cable TV & Internet Service Provider Toronto/Ontario, IPTV & Home Phone Providers in Canada

Old 04-01-2015, 08:35 AM

I wouldn't even get the cable, as my husband usually says I'm a geek and I do whatever I want with my computer!!! but he barely knows how to turn it on so he wants the cable to have netflix, news channels and so on.. VMedia looks to be pretty good, but the basic bundles for $69.85/month offers a DSL 6, definetely too slow!!

What do you think about a FTTN25 line? I just moved to Toronto from Italy, where internet technology is not that developed!

Old 04-01-2015, 08:58 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
For internet, consider techsavvy. I am paying less than $30 a month for 150GB. Unlimited/faster speed cost a bit more but not close to what Rogers charges.

What's the point of having a landline? but if you do need one, there are many cheap options.

Cable TV? Everything is cheaply available online. I basically use my 46 inch TV as a monitor. I also have an antenna that allows me to watch CTV, Global news etc, for $0 a month. Canadian TV is pretty boring and I don't see the point of spending $80 watching it.

Just stay away from Bell and Rogers at all cost. I'd rather have no entertainment than having to deal with them.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:07 AM

My husband wants the cable, that's it. And I need the landline so that my family can call me from Italy. I would not spend money to purchase all these things if I didn't need them, don't you agree?

About internet, I'm used to unlimited lines.. I download many movies, shows, music every day, so I definetely need an unlimited plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto