Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 08:22 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
No just pretty much rolled my eyes. I didn't do that big gay thing that probably popped in your head.
Uhuh suuuure....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 08:29 PM

800 posts, read 730,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Well I'll digress to your own experiences.. I get a lot of women smiling at me (They wouldn't know I was gay until they got to know me so don't say they can feel my gay vibe - that's BS for a lot of us lol) but I don't look at them like a piece of meat either.. Sure, i'm not looking for them in a club but even just randomly in the city, I don't find T.O girls any more or any less friendly than most any other western places I've been. You sure you're not the one fronting the miserable look while you're here Karassmatic - when people travel they sort of take a load off..
You are clearly toronto can do no wrong mentality so there no point in arguing.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
You are clearly toronto can do no wrong mentality so there no point in arguing.
No that's not true.. If that were the case i'd say Torontonian women are the most awesome, social, energetic dance on the streets fantastic women on the planet.. I said, I just don't find them remarkable against most western cities I've been to.. They are neither more or less friendly on the streets tbh..

I stick up for T.dot when I feel people are unnecessarily taking their frustrations out on it when its probably something else that is disturbing them and not the city.. Ultimately though and I've said this before and will say it again, if one is that unhappy here for a myriad of reasons why not look for another place to live that strikes your fancy.. Life is way too short man to be complaining about where you live because its something you should have some measure of control over. I mean by lord if I were that miserable about it i'd move heaven and earth to change my circumstances.

Last edited by fusion2; 08-25-2015 at 08:44 PM..

Old 08-25-2015, 08:41 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,537,247 times
Quote:
Actual experience?

How many girls is a lot to you?

100? 1000?

Lol @ you questioning if I get regularly hit on.
I'm not, because you don't. Not in the same way women do, anyways.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
No that's not true.. If that were the case i'd say Torontonian women are the most awesome, social, energetic dance on the streets fantastic women on the planet.. I said, I just don't find them remarkable against most western cities I've been to.. They are neither more or less friendly on the streets tbh..

I stick up for T.dot when I feel people are unnecessarily taking their frustrations out on it when its probably something else that is disturbing them and not the city..
Well toronto is far from perfect. It created ashley Madison and is probably a part of the reason the Canadian economy is not doing so well.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I'm not, because you don't. Not in the same way women do, anyways.
So if men have to put themselves in women's shoes why can't women do the same with men?

Old 08-25-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Well toronto is far from perfect. It created ashley Madison and is probably a part of the reason the Canadian economy is not doing so well.
You sort of go off on weird tangents that have little to do with the topic at hand by i'll go with your flow.. If anything AM creates jobs ultimately as its a company and presumably employs Canadians as its based in Toronto.. There are 37 million subscribers to it from around the world.. I'm not going to get into a moral argument about what adults choose in their life. Its none of my business but I wouldn't fault the fact that its supporting jobs here.

As for the Canadian economy - the global economy right now is on a rather shaky ground.. The U.S economy is doing well but we don't know for how long.. A few years ago it was hit by hard times, these things always ebb and flow..

Right now anyway, most Canadians are doing ok... Alberta is taking a hit but Ontario is actually getting a bit of manufacturing export boost with the lower CAD and I think you'll see that continue.. I can say in my industry things are moving along swimmingly.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:53 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,537,247 times
Quote:
So if men have to put themselves in women's shoes why can't women do the same with men?
How? It is dishonest at best to compare the way many men hit on women to the way it exists the other way around. Women do not typically cat call, follow, harass, or shout at men who ignore them.

What I'm getting at here is that you have to empathize with how women try to avoid being put into an ugly situation that men cannot exactly relate to -perhaps they don't want to interact with you and don't want anything they do to be misinterpreted as a come-on.

You have to imagine growing up in situations you don't have experience with and how that might affect the way you interact (or don't) with the opposite sex in society.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:58 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Default Good point

Quote:
Good point re Toronto and creation of Ashley Madison. Is this some what sexually conservative appearance in public just a front? All those Facebook pages with happy couples .... It most of it really just a front. My questions usully boil down to is this real or imaged?

Old 08-25-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
How? It is dishonest at best to compare the way many men hit on women to the way it exists the other way around. Women do not typically cat call, follow, harass, or shout at men who ignore them.

What I'm getting at here is that you have to empathize with how women try to avoid being put into an ugly situation that men cannot exactly relate to -perhaps they don't want to interact with you and don't want anything they do to be misinterpreted as a come-on. You have to imagine growing up in situations you don't understand how that might affect the way you interact (or don't) with the opposite sex in society.
A lot of men typically don't do that neither. I do not try to pick up these women of the street. I have had crazy success here. I am married to a toronto woman you idiot. I just like friendly conversations and smiles that appear so much more in the US. I just give everyone the cold shoulder here because it is normal. When I start random conversations with girls they ask me if I am from there because people here don't talk to one another just to talk. Everyone thinks everyone has a hidden agenda. Seeing how other places don't necessarily operate like that. I find it annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto