Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2017, 04:33 PM

339 posts, read 933,299 times

Advertisements

What is the current feeling in Toronto about the Blue Jays? I know they've been struggling a little so far. My gf and I will be going to the game on 5/29. Wondering if I should wait a little to buy tickets to let the price drop or buy them now?

It will be her first ever game, was looking to get seats behind either dugout. I know they're playing the Reds so it probably won't be too hot a ticket like the Rangers are.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 06:15 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,721,454 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf2737 View Post
What is the current feeling in Toronto about the Blue Jays? I know they've been struggling a little so far. My gf and I will be going to the game on 5/29. Wondering if I should wait a little to buy tickets to let the price drop or buy them now?

It will be her first ever game, was looking to get seats behind either dugout. I know they're playing the Reds so it probably won't be too hot a ticket like the Rangers are.

Thanks in advance.
I know little about baseball... but a lot more about getting discounts.

To get cheaper tickets to events you got a few basic options....
1. groupon toronto. They had cheap jays tickets .. but likely for select dates. Check that out just in case.
2. kijiji, craiglist or let's go. At people re-sale tickets and sometimes if they can't make the show. I have scored great last minute tickets at discount rates to sold out event this way... but it is risky as you may or may not get tickets.
3. Scalpers..... at times it is at cost, but can be above or higher. It is also a gamble that you may not want to take if you really want to get in to see the game.
4. Stub hub. Once the event starts tickets are still forsale, but at a discounated rate. I got in to an event that already started at a discounted rate few weeks back doing this. Ticket sales for stubhub continue for a least a hour or so after the event starts from what I recall.

Ticket Master next to never drops the price of ticket. They sell them on groupon when there is lots of extras... but this usually happens well in advance. Only scalpers, resellers or person to person sellers are dropping prices ( or increasing) depending the pressure to sell.

Best wishes.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:26 PM

3,624 posts, read 3,407,745 times
Buy them now.

I was in town a couple of years ago, and went to a game. I bought my ticket from the Rogers Centre box office about a half-hour prior to the start of the game, and paid full freight--there was no discount.

Since it was unlikely I'd be back in Toronto in the foreseeable future, and if I was, it wouldn't be during baseball season, I didn't care as to price. If I lived in Toronto, and went to a couple of dozen games a year, I would, but under the circumstances, seeing a Jays game in person meant more to me than the cost of the ticket.

Enjoy the game!

Old 05-25-2017, 11:13 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,721,454 times
I dont usually go to Baseball Games... but I decided to check out the groupon tickets for the games. I have been tempted to just to take my family for the sake of it. They currently have tickets for a low a $3 US. I ended up buying tickets for $6 US and they and in the 100 level. Tickets for the weekend games are more ex $15 to $34 US. If purchased through groupong you also save of the service charges. I was going to opt for the $3 tickets up in the 500s.... but my dad is coming and I dont want to make him walk up that extra distance. The game is on a Tuesday night at 7 ish. This is a great idea for a night out on a budget. If you live in the city and like baseball... this is a cheap way to see a game live. Also could be a pretty cool date idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto