Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2017, 12:09 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times

Advertisements

Anyone gone or going?
I have only been once.
Had to walk by a Porsche dealership to get there ( that alone lifted my spirits ).

It was cute.
The food was nothing I would rush out to get.
The shopping sucked.

But the decorations and entertainment were pretty nice.
I am sure there are other cool shops.... but I accidently wandered in to some store selling mini $50 dollar roll on de-odorants with a touchy ... grabby little kid and literally grabbed her by both hands and dragged her out of there before I got stuck buying a bunch of stuff she decided to smoosh for fun.

I would suggest checking out the Porshce Dealership ... sorry I mean the Christmas Market if you are in the city !

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 12:07 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Went tonight.
Cooooooooooold.
But for the 6 buck entry I got my kid a free picture with Santa which only took 15 minutes to get and will save me waiting in line for hours at the mall so beside freezing almost to death it was worth checking out.
It was not as packed as last time likely because smarter people realized how cold it was going to be tonight. Really could have benefited from the extra body heat.

Shopping in that area is dumb.
Over priced nonsense.... but great places to warm up.
The fondu area was a cool idea.

If you drink alcohol great place to meet up with freinds for a holiday drink/ hangout. Great selections of interesting drinks to try.

Great photo ops.

The food selection on vendors open was so so. The actual restaurants in the area are great but pretty impossible to get seated at. The other places with the exception of a couple where the stiff you buy only because there is nothing else.

Could not get a table at that cool Mexican place I wanted to try out .... but not the end of the world.

If you go .... go for the photo ops and drinks ... not the shopping and food.

Also to the people that work at the Porsche dealership. Please tuck your desk chairs in once you leave for the day.... you are screwing up the selfies people are trying take in front of the only car that has enough lighting near it at night to take a photo of. I had to get super creative trying to block the chair left sticking out that partially obstuctrd the view of the car while taking my photos. Just saying ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto