Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2018, 11:27 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,053 times

Advertisements

Some times restraint is the best example of bravery.

I don't care what anyone says.

The actions of that officer makes me have more respect, compassion and admiration for people that work in those types of roles.

Shockingly impressed by how he handled that situation.

Killing him would not be an adequate punishment.

He or anyone else should not get off that easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 06:03 AM

800 posts, read 730,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Some times restraint is the best example of bravery.

I don't care what anyone says.

The actions of that officer makes me have more respect, compassion and admiration for people that work in those types of roles.

Shockingly impressed by how he handled that situation.

Killing him would not be an adequate punishment.

He or anyone else should not get off that easy.
The world is a violent place. Canadians simply live in a bubble. If Canada gets invaded. Guess who’s going to come crying to the us military for help.

Morality don’t mean **** in war.

You simply live in canadian Lala land missy

Kill 10,people on a crowded street and have people like you saying he should have his life spar d. Not knowing future terrorists will see this and know ain’t **** gonna happen to them. Cuz your scared to shed blood. Scared to end the life of a man threatening how you live your life.

Cowardice

Old 05-21-2018, 08:25 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,053 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
The world is a violent place. Canadians simply live in a bubble. If Canada gets invaded. Guess who’s going to come crying to the us military for help.

Morality don’t mean **** in war.

You simply live in canadian Lala land missy

Kill 10,people on a crowded street and have people like you saying he should have his life spar d. Not knowing future terrorists will see this and know ain’t **** gonna happen to them. Cuz your scared to shed blood. Scared to end the life of a man threatening how you live your life.

Cowardice
When you kill a terrorist that just committed an attack tgey become a marter for the cause. The escape justice.
Being locked up and controlled for the rest of your life is a worse punishment then a quick instand death.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
When you kill a terrorist that just committed an attack tgey become a marter for the cause. The escape justice.
Being locked up and controlled for the rest of your life is a worse punishment then a quick instand death.
You talk like someone who hasn’t tried to kill you.

You talking individual justice I’m talking national security.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:30 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,269,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Pierre Elliot Trudeau has been dead for over a decade.
Almost 2 decades actually....time flies

Pierre Trudeau was in power along time ...almost 16 years...
and lot of his policies helped shape how Canada is today...
for better or worse..

Old 05-21-2018, 07:29 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,871,222 times
Quote:
You talk like someone who hasn’t tried to kill you.

You talking individual justice I’m talking national security.
National security? Wasn't this determined by multiple layers of government including the Federal Minister for Public Safety not to be a matter of national security? Good call, there is no evidence that someone in Quebec City or Kamloops is exactly 'threatened' by some lone wolf in Toronto with Mental health issues who snapped. No threat to Canadian sovereignty here - no need for Canada to develop nukes Rambo!

Quote:

Cowardice
What are you smoking today? The best possible outcome was achieved with this. Even if this was a 'terrorist' apprehending the suspect alive is the best way to figure out what his motive was in all this. The Police did their job here - they apprehended a suspect in very short order. Minnasian was quickly no longer a threat to public safety as a result of the TPS and he never will be again. Going on about national security and cowardice and begging the U.S for help in an invasion is being a dramalia.

Are you still here? I thought you took a rap gig in Atlanta or something..

Last edited by fusion2; 05-21-2018 at 07:37 PM..

Old 05-21-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
National security? Wasn't this determined by multiple layers of government including the Federal Minister for Public Safety not to be a matter of national security? Good call, there is no evidence that someone in Quebec City or Kamloops is exactly 'threatened' by some lone wolf in Toronto with Mental health issues who snapped. No threat to Canadian sovereignty here - no need for Canada to develop nukes Rambo!

What are you smoking today? The best possible outcome was achieved with this. Even if this was a 'terrorist' apprehending the suspect alive is the best way to figure out what his motive was in all this. The Police did their job here - they apprehended a suspect in very short order. Minnasian was quickly no longer a threat to public safety as a result of the TPS and he never will be again. Going on about national security and cowardice and begging the U.S for help in an invasion is being a dramalia.

Are you still here? I thought you took a rap gig in Atlanta or something..
Ok.

Taking personal shots shows how insecure you are. Let a terrorist live. O wait he can’t be a terrorist. He’s white. Must be mental illness. Canadians are definitely a lot like Americans in a lot of ways. Lol

“Rambo” ways lol. Better than respecting a killer who ended 10 people’s lives. Which is what you and the Toronto police did. Justify it all you want. The message has already been sent to the world. Canada don’t do ****.

Last edited by Karassmatic; 05-21-2018 at 07:53 PM..

Old 05-21-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Ok.

Taking personal shots shows how insecure you are. Let a terrorist live.
C'mon I was joking.. It was a very 'light' shot. If I thought you couldn't take it I wouldn't have. As for insecurity - meh.. Bouts of insecurity is helpful actually. It tests your resolve and makes you stronger when the real sh*t hits the fan. I'm perfectly happy where I am at this stage so shoot away so to speak.

Quote:
wait he can’t be a terrorist. He’s white. Must be mental illness. Canadians are definitely a lot like Americans in a lot of ways. Lol

“Rambo” ways lol. Better than respecting a killer who ended 10 people’s lives. Which is what you and the Toronto police did. Justify it all you want. The message has already been sent to the world. Canada don’t do ****.
You did not just use the white card.. Oh yes you did!! Even if he were black or indian or blatino or Chinese i'd still say the same thing so don't use the whole white thing - use it when it counts - not for this

Whoa whoa whoa - respect a killer? Is that how you see this just because the officer decided to apprehend him. Fact is when all is said and done Minassian can be used as a lab rat. BTW in a confirmed terrorist attack in NYC, the NYPD also apprehended a suspect ALIVE.. So don't make this a national thing dramalia - in almost any scenario it is best that the suspect or even terrorist is apprehended alive. The only time they kill is when the HAVE to not because they want to.

What do you think of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYOjWnS4cMY

Old 05-21-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
C'mon I was joking.. It was a very 'light' shot. If I thought you couldn't take it I wouldn't have. As for insecurity - meh.. Bouts of insecurity is helpful actually. It tests your resolve and makes you stronger when the real sh*t hits the fan. I'm perfectly happy where I am at this stage so shoot away so to speak.

You did not just use the white card.. Oh yes you did!! Even if he were black or indian or blatino or Chinese i'd still say the same thing so don't use the whole white thing - use it when it counts - not for this

Whoa whoa whoa - respect a killer? Is that how you see this just because the officer decided to apprehend him. Fact is when all is said and done Minassian can be used as a lab rat. BTW in a confirmed terrorist attack in NYC, the NYPD also apprehended a suspect ALIVE.. So don't make this a national thing dramalia - in almost any scenario it is best that the suspect or even terrorist is apprehended alive. The only time they kill is when the HAVE to not because they want to.

What do you think of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYOjWnS4cMY
Sorry man if a guy that killed 10 people and threatened he has a gun and will shoot you. You need to die. No one would’ve blamed the cop. Anyone who woulda thought about doIng it again would always think I will have a bullet in my head if I even attempt this.

As for childish gambino other than he needs to get more cut. Lol. It is an accurate representation of America. I never said America was perfect. Just the most powerful with the most opportunity to get stinking rich given the right situation.

Also a place where you can get guns pulled out on you by the kkk, get shot for attending school or get shot by police for being the wrong race

Old 05-21-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Sorry man if a guy that killed 10 people and threatened he has a gun and will shoot you. You need to die. No one would’ve blamed the cop. Anyone who woulda thought about doIng it again would always think I will have a bullet in my head if I even attempt this.
We're not going to agree on this though I am disappointed that you didn't even say a thing about what happened in NYC. So again I will remind you - The NYPD apprehended a terrorist suspect ALIVE so this is not just a 'Canadian' approach.

Quote:
As for childish gambino other than he needs to get more cut. Lol. It is an accurate representation of America. I never said America was perfect. Just the most powerful with the most opportunity to get stinking rich given the right situation.

Also a place where you can get guns pulled out on you by the kkk
He's still very handsome the way he is. I wasn't really getting at whether you think America doesn't have problems or not - i know you are aware of that as we all are. We got em too. What i was getting at was part of that video's message is to think before you shoot and yes, maybe a bit of compassion is in order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto