Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 11:48 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Just buy a toyota yaris. Similar design, almost same MSRP etc.
If they are putting it at 12k then it is without a doubt going to be a Scion. I didn't even look at the article but seeing that price point puts the nail in the coffin.

While where at why not bring the aygo! I read a while back that they were going to bring that as a Scion too. It is smaller then the yaris but bigger then the IQ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 01:33 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
I hope they sell it here, I think its cute. A nice way to get around traffic! And a nice alternative to the smart car.

Motor Authority » Toyota may sell iQ in the U.S.
It looks like the toy cars I used to play with. Except the toy cars were bigger.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:59 AM

2,080 posts, read 6,938,943 times
Recycling an old thread.....

Toyota is strongly considering bringing the iQ to the US

Toyota Confirms that it's Considering bringing the 55-mpg iQ to the US - Carscoop

Old 10-16-2008, 08:01 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,704,794 times
In general, if you're spending less than $20k on a car, you're always better off buying a 3 year old $20K+ car rather than a new car. These super small cars don't really utilize their small size in the normal infrastructure, cost almost as much as a "normal car", but compromise on space and utility.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:47 AM

5,641 posts, read 24,955,595 times
Little tiny cars make sense in the crowded conditions in European and Asia cites but are hard to justify in the US. Why not buy a car that gets 95% as good mileage but also can carry passengers and cargo without hassle. Plenty of places to park here and you are not taxed on displacement.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
Little tiny cars make sense in the crowded conditions in European and Asia cites but are hard to justify in the US. Why not buy a car that gets 95% as good mileage but also can carry passengers and cargo without hassle. Plenty of places to park here and you are not taxed on displacement.
But in congested cities like NYC, DC, and LA, this car would make sense. Other cities that have embraced living green, like Portland, would buy this little booger. And you have people living in between said cities will appreciate the fuel savings w/o the extra cost of hybrids.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:25 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
It could do well if another run on crude happens and gas hits $4-$6/gallon here.

I love small cars, but I want small LOW cars. I don't need more than two seats -- in fact, I ONLY want two seats and I've lied on more than one occasion and said my Si didn't have rear seats (I've never used them).

This car is okay, but I'd much rather have a tiny, superlight, two seat rear drive low to the ground and low roof height vehicle myself.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
It could do well if another run on crude happens and gas hits $4-$6/gallon here.

I love small cars, but I want small LOW cars. I don't need more than two seats -- in fact, I ONLY want two seats and I've lied on more than one occasion and said my Si didn't have rear seats (I've never used them).

This car is okay, but I'd much rather have a tiny, superlight, two seat rear drive low to the ground and low roof height vehicle myself.
Like the MR2 or CRX of yester-years!!!!

off topic.... here's honda's answer!!! you may like!

Honda's next hybrid could revive Insight name - Autoblog

Old 10-17-2008, 11:42 AM

5,641 posts, read 24,955,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
But in congested cities like NYC, DC, and LA, this car would make sense. Other cities that have embraced living green, like Portland, would buy this little booger. And you have people living in between said cities will appreciate the fuel savings w/o the extra cost of hybrids.
I promise that I have spent time driving in LA, DC, and Portland (and passed on purpose in NY) and it would be just as easy to drive a Civic, Cobalt, Corolla, Focus, etc. Mileage would be close and you would have room for passengers, and be able to go to Costco or HomeDepot and actually buy something sizable.

My neighbor was able to borrow a SmartCar for a long weekend and found the car unable to meet simple needs because of limited seating and cargo area.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:59 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
I promise that I have spent time driving in LA, DC, and Portland (and passed on purpose in NY) and it would be just as easy to drive a Civic, Cobalt, Corolla, Focus, etc. Mileage would be close and you would have room for passengers, and be able to go to Costco or HomeDepot and actually buy something sizable.

My neighbor was able to borrow a SmartCar for a long weekend and found the car unable to meet simple needs because of limited seating and cargo area.
Those Smart cars are miserable. If it got 80MPG then it would be worth the sacrifice, but it doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion