Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which island has the best beaches and best activities?
Curacao 0 0%
St. Lucia 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 10:07 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times

Advertisements

Bora-Bora or Maldives would be my #1 destination for a Honeymoon. If you want something in our hemisphere try looking into San Andres islands just off of Colombia, safe and a very cool place to be and it won't feel like a tourist trap like some of the Carribean Islands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 07:45 AM

512 posts, read 1,435,387 times
Did some thinking and realized that spending 5k to go to Tahiti is just too much. as much as we'd love to go there, we don't think it's smart to spend that much money right now.
deciding between Curacao and St. Lucia.

thoughts?

Old 09-12-2010, 12:27 PM

476 posts, read 1,134,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1234 View Post
Did some thinking and realized that spending 5k to go to Tahiti is just too much. as much as we'd love to go there, we don't think it's smart to spend that much money right now.
deciding between Curacao and St. Lucia.

thoughts?
Yeah I have a thought. Recycle your existing threads, rather than asking the same question 3 x.
Honeymoon idea.................................Help needed!!!!!!
Where to go for honeymoon........POLL!
At the time, St Lucia received the most amount of votes of the 3 locations you suggested in the poll, so it clearly comes recommended by the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1234 View Post
How about Curacao?
i found a deal at a Hyatt for 9 nights, including taxes, and daily breakfast for two, airline, hotel for $2850.00
If your "deal" for Curacao is cheaper than St Lucia (and cost is your 1st priority), go to Curacao. Otherwise accept the forum's suggestion and try St Lucia.

As MAK802 pointed out, it's not like you're choosing between Bali and St Lucia. Your choices are both so close & so similar, you can easily make a weekend getaway of either one in the future.

Pull the trigger already and let us know how it was.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:39 PM

ok. all bets are 'currently' off.
was going to go to curacao, staying at the Hyatt. just found out the beach is terrible. St. lucia doesn't seem attractive anymore. Tahiti is too expensive and we have to buy a ticket from dc to lax and also there's the cost of food!

We want a very nice beach....white sands, clear blue waters, preferably all inclusive lux resort.

we were thinking Mexico (some where like Los cabos) but not sure.

Any suggestions welcome. thank you everyone :-)

Old 09-15-2010, 11:07 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
I won't go to the Caribbean in the off season.

The hurricane season in the Atlantic begins June 1st and ends November 30th. The Eastern Pacific hurricane season begins May 15th and also ends November 30th.

Do not play with your life. I was in a tropical storm for my honeymoon - Gustav in 2008.

Never again.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I won't go to the Caribbean in the off season.

The hurricane season in the Atlantic begins June 1st and ends November 30th. The Eastern Pacific hurricane season begins May 15th and also ends November 30th.

Do not play with your life. I was in a tropical storm for my honeymoon - Gustav in 2008.

Never again.
thanks!
we were thinking Los Cabos.....not in the caribbean....so i hope it'll be fine.
we found 2 hotels worth looking at: the Melia Cabo Real and the Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas.

Prices are pretty much the same at about 2900 for two including all food, drinks, air, hotel, taxes.

anyone got any suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel