Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2010, 10:16 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times

Advertisements

The poor girl, she's clearly terrified. The video might not work, a lot of sites are pulling it. This is getting ridiculous.

3-Year-Old Accosted by TSA Agent; What Would You Do? | The Stir

I can't be the only one who was creeped out by the TSA official's advice to the screeners to "make it a game" with children. Um, make it a game to touch children's privates?

Last edited by MAK802; 11-15-2010 at 10:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 10:50 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Parents need to talk with their kids, too.
They needed to explain to her that her teddy was going to be going through the detector...
She was cranky to begin with.

Parents have to be responsible for their kids.
The parents could have made it a game with their daughter.

It's not all the TSAs fault, the statement that their daughter didn't feel like it is garbage.
If you can't take care of your kids, maybe you shouldn't have them.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:56 PM

Have you ever tried rationalizing with a 3 year old? Do you know how kids are at that age? They're all cranky divas, that's just a stage at that age. They took away her teddy bear, I'm pretty sure she doesn't care about anything else and just wants her bear back.

And if they are like most parents, they teach their kids that it's not ok for strangers to touch your body. How do you propose they bring up the conversation that it's ok for TSA agents to molest her but not Bob the neighbor? So now before parents travel with their kids, they have to tell their kids that they will most likely be molested prior to being allowed on the plane? I'm sure this child posed a huge threat to national security!

Old 11-16-2010, 02:24 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Have you ever tried rationalizing with a 3 year old? Do you know how kids are at that age? They're all cranky divas, that's just a stage at that age. They took away her teddy bear, I'm pretty sure she doesn't care about anything else and just wants her bear back.

And if they are like most parents, they teach their kids that it's not ok for strangers to touch your body. How do you propose they bring up the conversation that it's ok for TSA agents to molest her but not Bob the neighbor? So now before parents travel with their kids, they have to tell their kids that they will most likely be molested prior to being allowed on the plane? I'm sure this child posed a huge threat to national security!
Her parents should have explained to her what was going on.
Parents need to quit blaming everyone for their problems.

If the parents aren't up to it, they should drive.

Weren't mommy & daddy with her? They could have explained.

The TSA person did not molest her; they were doing what they do with everyone who gets a double bing.

Your hyperbole is interesting but irrelevant.

Most people shouldn't breed.
This is just another example of that.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:50 AM

912 posts, read 1,332,011 times
Parents need to control there own kids .If they cant don't have them.The only thing getting ridiculous is the fact everybody always blames someone else for their troubles rather than themselves.That kid was a brat .

Old 11-16-2010, 05:11 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
I can't be the only one who was creeped out by the TSA official's advice to the screeners to "make it a game" with children. Um, make it a game to touch children's privates?
Actually that sounds like pretty good advice.

Not your silly interpretation about children's privates, but the entire security procedure. People have been doing that for ages with toddlers to try to get them to cooperate.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Her parents should have explained to her what was going on.
Parents need to quit blaming everyone for their problems.
Um, they weren't blaming anyone? How do you propose the mother explains something to a toddler that is having a tantrum? I'm more than willing to bet you've never traveled with a small child. Kids throw tantrums, that's just how it is. Ask any parent out there if their child has ever thrown a tantrum in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaProud View Post
That kid was a brat .
That kid was a typical 3 year old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post

Not your silly interpretation about children's privates, but the entire security procedure. People have been doing that for ages with toddlers to try to get them to cooperate.
Um, no. You are in no way playing a game with my child where you tell them, "Now I'm going to touch your inner thigh." Not gonna happen!

I hope you guys feel safer flying now since this 3 year old has been so thoroughly searched. Our national security is all well again!

I find it scary, really, really scary, how many people are okay with this.

Innumerable atrocities have been committed by governments because people bought into an illusion of safety and blindly followed (Holocaust, anyone?)

I cannot believe the percentage of you who are willing to wholesale abandon your civil liberties in the elusive pursuit of some feeling of additional security. Many of you are either implicitly or explicitly advocating the position that if the danger is great enough, we can rip up the Bill of Rights. That is not the radical favoring of some of us over others which this country has faced in many civil rights battles in the past; that is the radical elimination of our rights against the government.

The sad thing to me is that when our government enacts all these crazy security measures the terrorists have already won. The goal of terrorism is not just to blow up planes, it's to terrorize. The terrorists certainly have another victory now with these scanners and invasive pat downs.

Last edited by MAK802; 11-16-2010 at 10:29 AM..

Old 11-17-2010, 07:54 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:

I hope you guys feel safer flying now since this 3 year old has been so thoroughly searched. Our national security is all well again!

I find it scary, really, really scary, how many people are okay with this.

Innumerable atrocities have been committed by governments because people bought into an illusion of safety and blindly followed (Holocaust, anyone?)

I cannot believe the percentage of you who are willing to wholesale abandon your civil liberties in the elusive pursuit of some feeling of additional security. Many of you are either implicitly or explicitly advocating the position that if the danger is great enough, we can rip up the Bill of Rights. That is not the radical favoring of some of us over others which this country has faced in many civil rights battles in the past; that is the radical elimination of our rights against the government.

The sad thing to me is that when our government enacts all these crazy security measures the terrorists have already won. The goal of terrorism is not just to blow up planes, it's to terrorize. The terrorists certainly have another victory now with these scanners and invasive pat downs.
The terrorists have won because we have to add security for some idiot muslims? No, they haven't won, it sometimes takes a little work to kill a cockroach, doesnt mean the cockroaches won because you have to set out something to kill them. The terrorists would win if people were really THAT stupid to not update our security to check further for them. We are not losing our freedom by doing a pat down, we are doing what we can to protect against further terrorist attacks, i'm assuming you remember 9/11 , the TSA agents are not evil the are doing their job so cut them some slack. Are you seriously going to quote the founding fathers of freedom? If you really want to go 100% with their thoughts then YOU would not have the right to vote woman, and nope.. black's wouldnt be owning any land today either. Times have changed. Deal with it. You live in California, if you want to really talk about losing freedom just look at your state government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel