Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 05:55 PM

4 posts, read 9,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelongboatkey View Post
I will need to call home while traveling in France. I have heard it is better to buy a calling card there instead of buying it here at home. Does anyone have experience with this?

Yes, I use [url=http://www.phonecard-deals.com]International Phone Cards - Prepaid calling cards to call anywhere[/url] they have local access numbers everywhere. You can call a local number in france and then dial your destination number and it will be much cheaper for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,817 times
i go to Europe a lot (especially Italy, UK, France and Germany) and i found great rates from callineurope.com. All my incoming calls were free and calling back the US was only 39 cents! You should try it!

Old 01-19-2009, 01:25 PM

407 posts, read 1,558,777 times
Getting the calling cards in-country can definitely be less expensive. For Italy, you can get a Sisal EdiCard for Europe and USA in just about any denomination - it gives you a local access number, and the "card/PIN" is good for about 60 days from activation... I'm paying about 3.5 cents per minute to call back to the States.

A lot of my friends use Skype and Vonage and swear by them. Just make sure to get Stateside numbers, if you're going that route.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,290 times
Smile Best calling card on internet!

Dear readers,

We totally understand the struggle to find the best calling card deal out there. There are just too many and too confusing to get. It seems like the only way to get the right one is to actually buy and try it which could lead to more disappointments.

If you have to choose between card then choose one that:
has no connection fees
has no hidden fees
has no weekly maintenance fee
has at least one minute rounding or less
has pin less dial option
virtual card

Don't be fooled with the total minutes you see on the card it is not necessarily what you get. There are fees and other charges involved and it makes a huge impact on your overall talk time.

Find your answer at http://www.bestcallingcardreviews.com you will learn how to choose the best calling card
available online and save time and money!

regards,

Jason L

Old 03-26-2011, 05:06 PM

134 posts, read 302,457 times
As Wastina said, Skype is worth a look.

I have a 'standalone' Skype phone, so all I need is a 'hotspot' and the calls are about one cent a minute (with a few cents connection charge.)

There are a number of companies which will (for a monthly subscription) allow you to use their own wi-fi networks, but most hotels and airports (apart from Atlanta) now seem to offer free internet connection.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:59 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,997,648 times
Verizon and Sprint will have issues in Europe. T-Mobile and AT&T are more likely to work. But I think that Verizon and Sprint do have some areas overseas that work. Call and ask, it's probably much better than using calling cards, and texting can be a good option. But do call the mobile service company before you leave to make sure you have coverage, access, and a good plan while you are there.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:49 PM

134 posts, read 302,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
Verizon and Sprint will have issues in Europe. T-Mobile and AT&T are more likely to work. But I think that Verizon and Sprint do have some areas overseas that work. Call and ask, it's probably much better than using calling cards, and texting can be a good option. But do call the mobile service company before you leave to make sure you have coverage, access, and a good plan while you are there.

AT&T certainly works.

Not only do you need to check coverage for your cell phone, you also need to check it will work in Europe.

(A tri-band or a quad-band phone.)

If you're going to use your cell phone extensively for calls within Europe (and particularly if you're staying mainly in one country) you might consider buying a cheap pre-paid phone.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:03 PM

3 posts, read 3,420 times
EpinCall france international phone cards would be your best choice, because you can buy calling cards any time any where, just visit epincall and buy calling cards or prepaid cell refill for most cellphone carriers, you can also use the pc to phone option.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:06 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,688,411 times
You can purchase IDT calling card. It is American company with branches everywhere.
IDT Europe - Corporate - IDT Europe Phonecards

You can purchase card using American credit card.
Alternately you can also contact customer service of their american branch- Long Distance Calling Cards | Phone Cards | International Phone Cards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel